WPA Health & Wellness (Welfare) Net

Pete W3WC

New net started Monday at 9 AM, daily M-F.

https://wpa-arrl.org/2020/wpa-health-wellness-net/

Scott

What are the frequencies and modes? It was requiring a log in and I'm not in WPA.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020, 4:23 PM Pete W3WC <w3wc@...> wrote:
New net started Monday at 9 AM, daily M-F.

https://wpa-arrl.org/2020/wpa-health-wellness-net/

Pete W3WC

Scott,

9 AM, 3983 kHz, LSB. Different net control each day. Propagation wasn't very good today. K3LR was net control with his big signal but most others were medium to weak to in the mud.

Pete

Scott

Okay thank you. I'll have to shorten my 80 meter inverted vee.

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020, 6:41 PM Pete W3WC <w3wc@...> wrote:
Scott,

9 AM, 3983 kHz, LSB. Different net control each day. Propagation wasn't very good today. K3LR was net control with his big signal but most others were medium to weak to in the mud.

Pete

Pete W3WC

Scott,

Also, at least so far, they have only taken check-ins from WPA counties, which they have broken into 4 regions. There were 80 check-ins today.

They may have asked at the end for others; I'm not sure. Just don't want you to be surprised at what you find if you tune in.

73
Pete

Pete W3WC

Scott,

This Health & Wellness Net has started asking for check-ins from outside the WPA section, after all others in the section have been called.

73
Pete

Scott

Pete,

Okay thank you for the update. I'll start listening since I'm still working from home.