Topics

PA QSO Party

Pete W3WC

I will be on as W3RA. Just like some of those European guys with their contest callsigns.

WC (The Water Closet)

BILL SHEEHAN

Good luck Pete and to the rest of the AVRA bunch.
I'll be on from Washington County making as NOISE as I can.
73,

bill   KB3LIX

On 10/10/2020 10:37 AM Pete W3WC <w3wc@...> wrote:

I will be on as W3RA. Just like some of those European guys with their contest callsigns.

WC (The Water Closet)

Pete W3WC

It's fun being the hunted one.

My results:

Scott

My local club in Lancaster decided we should socially distance this year, so I did a rover first time ever. Worked from ADA, YOR, DAU and LAN. I worked Bill KB3LIX on Saturday from Codorus State Park, don't know if you realized it was me or not. I don't think I saw your call Pete. Where did you operate from? Good job on the QSO's! Saturday afternoon 40 meters was already long, so spent a lot of time adjusting my 80-10 meter Wolf River Coil for 80 meters (after I had put up my Inverted V for 40 in a tree at the park and realized the band was way long for in-state). I learned a lot being a rover, and even when you think you've got everything in the car, you forget something! Anyway, I do a lot of Parks on the Air now, and usually use my Yaesu FT-891, however decided to bring along my ICOM 7300 which works well with N1MM Logger for Rover. I was using my Bioenno 20aH battery, and my WRC antenna and Inverted V. Running 60 watts from 9:00 this morning until 4:30 this afternoon and then the battery was done. I thought that was really good battery life. I worked many in BUT this year. Everyone was missing Lawrence Co. this year, which surprised me a bit.

73 Scott
KN3A

Pete W3WC

Yeah we had a Q on 80 CW on Saturday.

I was using the 40 meter dipole for 80. Not good. I can find an SWR match but it still doesn't work well.

Good to hear you on.

Pete