Topics

Callsign

Pete W3WC

I traded in W3WPA for KD3KA when it became available this week. Perhaps through this callsign, there will be other ways to commemorate KDKA's centennial.

As I found while researching my website, there were many firsts made by KDKA and Westinghouse in the years following the first commercial broadcast in 1920. I am still uncovering information on their contribution to the development of shortwave broadcasting. Amateur radio and shortwave developments were closely connected in the early years.

Pete

Scott

I think that was an excellent trade-off Pete!

Scott

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 10:00 AM Pete W3WC <w3wc@...> wrote:
I traded in W3WPA for KD3KA when it became available this week. Perhaps through this callsign, there will be other ways to commemorate KDKA's centennial.

As I found while researching my website, there were many firsts made by KDKA and Westinghouse in the years following the first commercial broadcast in 1920. I am still uncovering information on their contribution to the development of shortwave broadcasting. Amateur radio and shortwave developments were closely connected in the early years.

Pete

Pete W3WC

Success!

Pete W3WC

I did inaugurate KD3KA for the NAQP-SSB. Handle: Frank for Frank Conrad. One hundred and seventeen QSO's.

A few people connected with the meaning of the callsign. I directed them to my website https://www.kdka100.org