Re: Callsign

Scott

I think that was an excellent trade-off Pete!

Scott

On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 10:00 AM Pete W3WC <w3wc@...> wrote:
I traded in W3WPA for KD3KA when it became available this week. Perhaps through this callsign, there will be other ways to commemorate KDKA's centennial.

As I found while researching my website, there were many firsts made by KDKA and Westinghouse in the years following the first commercial broadcast in 1920. I am still uncovering information on their contribution to the development of shortwave broadcasting. Amateur radio and shortwave developments were closely connected in the early years.

Pete

Join AVRA@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.