Re: Using the AVNA with the nanoVNA-saver control program

Nick Kennedy

I have to go back and make sure my hardware is OK before adding more chaff to the mix, but I have a couple comments and questions.

In Windows 10, I could get n-saver to connect after typing in the port number, but operation was too erratic to describe after that.

Thought I'd try my Linux version based on comments here. I have Debian on a little notebook computer. n-saver wouldn't show the port number(s) and I couldn't identify it under /DEV. Not sure if one was created - I'm not a Linux guru by any means. Do I need to find and install some sort of Teensy driver for Linux?

I've backed up to version 0.61 and need to do some testing before trying to move to 0.70 again.

There was some talk about Python programming. I'm clueless here. What programming environment is uded? I assume there some sort of visual IDE. Beyond MCUs, my higher level programming is mostly limited to C#.

I ask because in n-saver, the "calibration" panel doesn't fit the screen on my notebook and I can't get to the important buttons near the bottom.  I guess I should put in a case with the author on github.

73,

Nick, WA5BDU

On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 8:32 PM Bob Larkin <bob@...> wrote:
Thanks Mike -  Hold everything, everybody.  I totally forgot that I had
modified the Python code to allow the PID/HID of the Teensy.  I will get
a copy to use temporarily, until we can get Rune to fix it.  Yeah, that
was a couple of weeks ago and it slipped by.    More in the morning.   Bob

Join AVNA1@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.