SF - Mt. Lebanon at Mudville - Game 3

Kevin McNally

Series shifts to Mudville, with the Nine up 2 games to 0.

Floyd Bannister (23-12) v.

Steve Carlton (21-13, 1-0)

Game 3

Mt. Lebanon            6-10-0

Mudville                    3-12-0

WP: F. Bannister (1-0)

LP: S. Carlton (0-1)

Save: S. Howe (1)

Carlton struck out 10, but gave up 2 big HR’s that sealed the Nine fate.

2nd - Gamble 2-run HR

4th - Chambliss 3-run HR

4th - Brunansky 2-run HR

5th - Bell solo HR

8th - Gamble RBI 1B

I’m done playing games for today.  Lost every game I played.  lol

Awaiting instructions from Steve.

Thanks,

Kevin

From: ASSL@groups.io <ASSL@groups.io> On Behalf Of Steve Alvin
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2022 11:52 AM
To: ASSL@groups.io
Subject: [ASSL] NL LCS Game 2

After losing yesterday in extra innings, this is a must win for Mt. Lebanon, especially with Carlton starting for the 9 in game three.

Game Two  Lamp (10-15) v Vuckovich (11-13)

Mudville got the scoring started right away--in the top of the first.  Brett walked  and stole second.  Bell singled, Brett stopped at third.  One out later, Oliver singled, scoring Brett.  1-0 Mudville.

Lamp pitched like he was a right handed Carlton.  He gave up only one walk in the first three innings.  But, in the 4th, the Terriers finally got to him.  With one out in the 4th, Madlock hit a double.  One out later, Gamble singled Mad Dog in and the game was tied at 1.

The Terriers would take the lead in the 5th.  Templeton led off with a double, advanced to third on a ground out and scored on a wild pitch.  2-1 Mt. Lebanon.

It was  still 2-1 in the 8th inning with Reed on in relief for the Terriers.  Once again, I wonder why I play him, as Bell homered to tie the game!

Once again, we headed to extra innings.  In the bottom of the 10th, with Fryman on the mound, Murphy led off with a walk.  Mumphrey singled Murphy to third.  With a man on third and no out, the Terrier fans were getting excited!  But, Bernazard grounded out, Murphy forced to hold.  Madlock followed with a fly to center.  Murphy tagged up, but was thrown out at the plate by Bruno!  Game still tied!

So we go on in the 11th, which has been Mudville's magic inning.  With two outs, Bruno, who saved the game in the 10th, homered to left to become the hero in the 11th.  Mudville takes a commanding lead in the series 2-0

Mudville  3-6-0
Mt Leb.   2-7-1

W-Fryman (2-0)
L-DeLeon (0-1)
S Bahnsen, 1

We are ready for game three.  Good luck, Kevin!

Steve

Steve Alvin

Hi, Kevin,

We are good to go when you are ready.

Good luck,

Steve