Bayou vs Seltzer games 6 and 7

Umpy

Last 2 Series games played over a couple of days due to an injury to Bayou and mostly my busy schedule.  

Game 6

Bottom 1.  Seltzer gets a run but has 2 runners pegged on the bases or they woulda/shoulda had more.  Ron Cey and Jerry Remy had rbi hits in the bottom of the 2nd but Seltzer has another runner pegged.  Bayou SP Bruce Berenyi walked 8 and gave up 5 hits but baserunning and key outs keep it 3-0.  In the top of the 7th, an Dawson rbi single cuts the lead to 3-1 with runners on 2nd and 3 and 1 out.  But Gullickson fans Driessen and retire Lezcano to hold it to 3-1.  In the bottom of the 7th, Seltzer plates 2 more with the help of an error to make it 5-1.  They did have their 4th runner pegged on the bases but this 1 drew a throw and scored a run.  Dawson hit a solo homer for Bayou in the top of the 9th but Seltzer held on for a 5-2 win and sends it to game 7

Game 7

Drama gone out of the game early as Seltzer hit 5 doubles in the 1st inning and 3 singles to score 7.  That was more than enough as Matt Keough went 7 scoreless.  Dawson hit his 5th homer of the series in the top of the 8th but Jim Sundberg's 3rd double and 4th rbi got 2 back in the bottom of the 7th for a 9-1 Seltzer win.

Congrats to Bayou City, who had a nice team.  The key to Seltzer's series was getting a lead and not having to face a strong Bayou City pen in tough situations.  

On 04/27/2021 1:39 PM Steven Galbraith via groups.io <stevemgalbraith@...> wrote:

Umpy et al.: Here's the quarter finals play file. Please play one game at a time. Send in the results, wait for your opponent to give a green light, then play. You can play live if you want or however you and your opponent want to do it.

Czech/Max: No manager showed up. Are you using Foreman or? Or playing live?

Good luck to all.

John Anderson

Congratulations, Bob!  Good luck the rest of the way!

John Anderson 

On May 3, 2021, at 5:45 PM, Umpy <umpy@...> wrote:

Last 2 Series games played over a couple of days due to an injury to Bayou and mostly my busy schedule.  

Game 6

Bottom 1.  Seltzer gets a run but has 2 runners pegged on the bases or they woulda/shoulda had more.  Ron Cey and Jerry Remy had rbi hits in the bottom of the 2nd but Seltzer has another runner pegged.  Bayou SP Bruce Berenyi walked 8 and gave up 5 hits but baserunning and key outs keep it 3-0.  In the top of the 7th, an Dawson rbi single cuts the lead to 3-1 with runners on 2nd and 3 and 1 out.  But Gullickson fans Driessen and retire Lezcano to hold it to 3-1.  In the bottom of the 7th, Seltzer plates 2 more with the help of an error to make it 5-1.  They did have their 4th runner pegged on the bases but this 1 drew a throw and scored a run.  Dawson hit a solo homer for Bayou in the top of the 9th but Seltzer held on for a 5-2 win and sends it to game 7

Game 7

Drama gone out of the game early as Seltzer hit 5 doubles in the 1st inning and 3 singles to score 7.  That was more than enough as Matt Keough went 7 scoreless.  Dawson hit his 5th homer of the series in the top of the 8th but Jim Sundberg's 3rd double and 4th rbi got 2 back in the bottom of the 7th for a 9-1 Seltzer win.

Congrats to Bayou City, who had a nice team.  The key to Seltzer's series was getting a lead and not having to face a strong Bayou City pen in tough situations.  
On 04/27/2021 1:39 PM Steven Galbraith via groups.io <stevemgalbraith@...> wrote:

Umpy et al.: Here's the quarter finals play file. Please play one game at a time. Send in the results, wait for your opponent to give a green light, then play. You can play live if you want or however you and your opponent want to do it.

Good luck to all.

<F-seltzer bayou game 7.LPF>
<F-seltzer bayou game 6.LPF>

Umpy

Thanks John. Like I said, in all of my wins, I didn't have to face the tough part of your pen.  To me, getting an early lead was the key.   Obviously, I was stunned at the first inning of game 7.  Too all of the drama out of it.  

On 05/03/2021 8:07 PM John Anderson via groups.io <andjohn1961@...> wrote:

Congratulations, Bob!  Good luck the rest of the way!

John Anderson 

On May 3, 2021, at 5:45 PM, Umpy <umpy@...> wrote:

Game 6

Game 7

Good luck to all.

<F-seltzer bayou game 7.LPF>
<F-seltzer bayou game 6.LPF>