ASSL '81: Semi-Finals - Mudville vs Seltzer gm 5

Umpy

Mudville got 3 runs in the 2nd on a Bumbry sac fly and an Ozzie Smith 2 run single.  Pottsville got 2 back in the 3rd on a Buckner homer.  But Mudville tacked on single runs in the 4th (Durham rbi) and 7th (Bumbry).  Pottsville made some noise in the 9th getting 1 run, but Rollie Fingers closed it out for a 5-3 Mudville win.

Series goes back to Mudville.  Seltzer ready to go.

On 05/13/2021 8:36 PM Kevin McNally <kmcnally28@...> wrote:

Inconsistent offense has been a problem. 

We’re ready with Seaver on the hill. 

Kevin
Sent from Outlook via iPhone

From: ASSL@groups.io <ASSL@groups.io> on behalf of Umpy <umpy@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2021 5:26:39 PM
To: ASSL@groups.io <ASSL@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ASSL] ASSL '81: Semi-Finals - Mudville vs Seltzer gm 4 NO HITTER?

Jerry Reuss had a no hitter thru 8 innings for Seltzer.  But the manager didn't notice it until he went to Luis Aponte in the 9th.  Aponte finished the no hitter as Seltzer won 2-0.  Reuss' agent won't stop calling me.  

In the game, Billy Buckner's rbi grounder in the 3rd scored the only run Seltzer would need.  Tom Paciorek doubled homer Mickey Klutts an insurance run in the 8th.  Steve Carlton took the hard luck loss. 

On 05/13/2021 7:55 PM Kevin McNally <kmcnally28@...> wrote:

Let’s hope the home team losing trend continues…

Mudville is good to go.  Lefty on the mound.

Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2021 4:52 PM
To: ASSL@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ASSL] ASSL '81: Semi-Finals - Seltzer at Mudville Game 2

Series shifted to Seltzer with the Lokies holding a 2-0 edge.  Looking to put the knife in deeper in game 3

Tom Paciorek gave Seltzer a first inning lead with a sac fly. Mudville came back with single runs in the 2nd and 3rd to go up 2-1.  Seltzer got 2in the bottom of the 3rd and another in the 4th.  But Leon Durham hit a 2 run homer in the 5th to tie. Seltzer had a couple of chances to take the lead but had runners pegged on the bases, including 1 at home in the 8th.  In the top of the 10th, George Brett hit a 3 run two out triple and Gossage closed it out for a 7-4 Mudville win.  

Kevin, I will be starting LP Reuss in game 4.  That's not what shows in the box now.  

On 05/13/2021 12:50 PM Kevin McNally <kmcnally28@...> wrote:

In the last 2 playoffs I’ve been in (not in the ASSL), I didn’t win a single home playoff game.

That trends is continuing nicely here…

Seltzer scores 2 in the 6th and holds off for a 2-1 victory and commanding 2-0 SF lead.

Mudville is as ready as they can be.

Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2021 9:13 AM
To: ASSL@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ASSL] ASSL '81: Semi-Finals - Seltzer good to go

No file needed Kevin.  Good to go. 

On 05/13/2021 12:07 PM Kevin McNally <kmcnally28@...> wrote:

Sorry for the delay and sorry for the lack of writeup.

Seltzer takes Game 1 3-2 in 14 innings.

Both teams scored single runs in the 12th to keep the game going much longer than I wanted it to.

Awaiting instructions (if any) for Game 2.

Thanks,

Kevin