ASSL '81: Semi-Finals - Mudville vs Seltzer gm 5

Umpy

Mudville got 3 runs in the 2nd on a Bumbry sac fly and an Ozzie Smith 2 run single.  Pottsville got 2 back in the 3rd on a Buckner homer.  But Mudville tacked on single runs in the 4th (Durham rbi) and 7th (Bumbry).  Pottsville made some noise in the 9th getting 1 run, but Rollie Fingers closed it out for a 5-3 Mudville win.

Series goes back to Mudville.  Seltzer ready to go.

On 05/13/2021 8:36 PM Kevin McNally <kmcnally28@...> wrote:

Inconsistent offense has been a problem.

We’re ready with Seaver on the hill.

Kevin
Sent from Outlook via iPhone

From: ASSL@groups.io <ASSL@groups.io> on behalf of Umpy <umpy@...>
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2021 5:26:39 PM
To: ASSL@groups.io <ASSL@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [ASSL] ASSL '81: Semi-Finals - Mudville vs Seltzer gm 4 NO HITTER?

Jerry Reuss had a no hitter thru 8 innings for Seltzer.  But the manager didn't notice it until he went to Luis Aponte in the 9th.  Aponte finished the no hitter as Seltzer won 2-0.  Reuss' agent won't stop calling me.

In the game, Billy Buckner's rbi grounder in the 3rd scored the only run Seltzer would need.  Tom Paciorek doubled homer Mickey Klutts an insurance run in the 8th.  Steve Carlton took the hard luck loss.

On 05/13/2021 7:55 PM Kevin McNally <kmcnally28@...> wrote:

Let’s hope the home team losing trend continues…

Mudville is good to go.  Lefty on the mound.