From: ASSL@groups.io <ASSL@groups.io> On Behalf Of Umpy
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2021 9:13 AM
To: ASSL@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ASSL] ASSL '81: Semi-Finals - Seltzer good to go

No file needed Kevin.  Good to go.

On 05/13/2021 12:07 PM Kevin McNally <kmcnally28@...> wrote:

Sorry for the delay and sorry for the lack of writeup.

Seltzer takes Game 1 3-2 in 14 innings.

Both teams scored single runs in the 12th to keep the game going much longer than I wanted it to.

Awaiting instructions (if any) for Game 2.

Thanks,

    Kevin

Umpy

Series shifted to Seltzer with the Lokies holding a 2-0 edge.  Looking to put the knife in deeper in game 3

Tom Paciorek gave Seltzer a first inning lead with a sac fly. Mudville came back with single runs in the 2nd and 3rd to go up 2-1.  Seltzer got 2in the bottom of the 3rd and another in the 4th.  But Leon Durham hit a 2 run homer in the 5th to tie. Seltzer had a couple of chances to take the lead but had runners pegged on the bases, including 1 at home in the 8th.  In the top of the 10th, George Brett hit a 3 run two out triple and Gossage closed it out for a 7-4 Mudville win.

Kevin, I will be starting LP Reuss in game 4.  That's not what shows in the box now.

On 05/13/2021 12:50 PM Kevin McNally <kmcnally28@...> wrote:

In the last 2 playoffs I’ve been in (not in the ASSL), I didn’t win a single home playoff game.

That trends is continuing nicely here…

Seltzer scores 2 in the 6th and holds off for a 2-1 victory and commanding 2-0 SF lead.

Mudville is as ready as they can be.