Topics

ASSL '80: World Series Game 3 - Silver City at Mudville

Kevin McNally

Silver City leads Series 2-0

Game 3

Tommy Boggs (17-8, 3.78) v. Moose Haas (20-8, 1.91)

10 Innings

Silver City    5-10-1

Mudville      4-11-0

WP:  T. Hume (1-0)

LP:  R. Fingers (0-2)

Save: none

Fisk 2nd inning 3B scores Winfield with the first run of the game

Brett 2-run 4th inning HR, gives the Nine a 2-1 lead

Bell 7th inning RBI 1B drives in Griffin, 3-1 Nine

Reggie Smith 8th inning lead-off solo HR off D. Smith, 3-2 Nine

Easler 2-run HR off Smith makes it 4-3 Silver City

Carter 2-out 8th inning solo HR ties it at 4

Both teams scoreless in the 9th

Easler hits a solo HR in the top of the 10th (his 3rd of the Series), 5-4 Silver City

Murray singles to lead off the bottom of the 10, Collins PR and steals 2nd – but the next 3 batters are retired (Oliver, Carter, McBride)

Boggs 6.1 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 2 K

Haas 6 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 4 K

Easler laying claim to WS MVP 3 hits, 2 HR, 2 RS, 3 RBI – hitting .444 in the 3 games

Silver City leads Series 3-0

Awaiting any instructions.

Steve Carlton (Game 1 Loser) starting Game 4 on short rest of the Nine.