Topics

ASSL '80: World Series Game 2 - Mudville at Silver City

JOHN CAMPBELL

Silver City leads series 1-0

Game 2: J.R Richard vs Rick Langford. The Outlaws score first in the bottom of the first, Tough bounce error by Buddy Bell allows the first run to score. The Nine come right back in the 2nd. McBride singles and that is followed by an infield hit by Frank White. Alfredo Griffin follows with a 2-run double. Buddy Bell makes amends for his error by knocking Griffin in with a single. 3-1 Mudville. Outlaws get 1 back in the 2nd, double by Parrish and he scores on a RBI single from Tim Foli. 3-2 Mudville. Game stays the same until the top of the 6th, Al Oliver hits a solo shot, second homer in two games. McBride then singles and Griffin is hit by the pitch. Al Bumby then singles home McBride. 5-2 Mudville. Bottom of the 6th. Dave Winfield singles and that is followed by a single from Fred Lynn. Larry Parrish then singles to drive home Winfield. Richard is then pulled and Bruce Sutter is called in. Pinch hitter Steve Kemp singles to load the bases. Tim Foli's infield hit allows another run to score. 5-4 Mudville. Bottom of the 7th, Mike Easler hits a solo homer to tie the game at 5. Nine call to the pen for Rollie Fingers. Two batters later, Larry Parrish hits a solo homer 6-5 Outlaws. Bottom of the 8th, Junior Kennedy singles, steals second and is bunted to third. He then scores the insurance run on a sac fly by Reggie Smith. 7-5 Outlaws heading to the 9th. George Brett leads off with a double and Eddie Murray is walked. Tying runs are on base with no one out. Oliver pops out and Carter hits into a double play to end the threat and the game.

Silver City 7 Mudville 5

Silver City leads series 2-0 heading to Mudville. Outlaws are good to go for Game 3.

Thanks John

On Monday, May 18, 2020, 10:01:17 PM CDT, Kevin McNally <kmcnally28@...> wrote:

No Changes for Mudville.

Play on.