Topics

Results, Florida 4, Cut and Shoot 1

Bill P

On Saturday, August 18, 2018, 12:39:37 PM CDT, Steven Galbraith via Groups.Io <stevemgalbraith@...> wrote:

Week/series #20 play c-file attached. Results due Wednesday evening.

Thomas Battiato

The c-file is time-stamped 1:39, and the f-file results were time-stamped 3:16.

I wouldn't have minded if the games took an extra minute or two to complete, so that the new c-file would have been loaded and my correct lineups and rotation could have been used.

1. The wrong rotation was used for me team.
2. Frank Tanana started game two, and he is not even on my active roster.
3. Denny Walling started game two, and he is not on my active roster, either.
4. John Montefusco relieved in game five, and he is another one who was down on the farm.

This is at least the FOURTH time this season in which the home manager did not load the new c-file before playing the games.

I am not protesting this series, but c'mon guys. Please take the time to load the new c-file BEFORE playing the games. That is just common sense, and an issue of fair play that we all owe to our opponents.

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill P via Groups.Io <a2badboy99@...>
To: ASSL <ASSL@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Aug 18, 2018 3:16 pm
Subject: Re: [ASSL] Results, Florida 4, Cut and Shoot 1

On Saturday, August 18, 2018, 12:39:37 PM CDT, Steven Galbraith via Groups.Io <stevemgalbraith=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Week/series #20 play c-file attached. Results due Wednesday evening.

Bill P

I am in a lot of leagues. When I get a message that starts with "Play file", I assume it is ready to play. Also, I went through my trash e-mails just now and never saw a message that read, "ATTN: Cut and Shoot. Play file is attached for Florida", or something to that effect. These are the queues I look for. If that is not enough diligence on my part, I apologize, but that's the best I can do. I am NOT going to sign on every web site every series and search if someone posted a change file.

On Saturday, August 18, 2018, 3:05:18 PM CDT, Thomas Battiato via Groups.Io <Dodger300@...> wrote:

[...]

Tom: If your file wasn't loaded then the problem was with me and not Bill or the visiting owner.

I am sure I loaded your file since it's usually the first one I get. Are you sure the lineups/rotations were out of "sync" with what you wanted. Remember as well that the LM generator will change lineups and starting pitchers IF they are tired or wornout.

On Saturday, August 18, 2018, 4:05:18 PM EDT, Thomas Battiato via Groups.Io <Dodger300@...> wrote:

[...]

Mike Eliyas

Sometimes f-file do not take

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

Week/series #20 play c-file attached. Results due Wednesday evening.

Steven Galbraith

Bill: Which play c-file did you load and play? It should have been #21 not #20? Did you perhaps make a mistake and load the #20 results file?

If you loaded #20 then Tom's changes wouldn't be included since he made the changes for #21.

[...]

Bill: I think that's what happened. You either loaded the wrong c-file or forgot to load this one.

It happens. I apologize for Tom on this because I think previous problems were probably my fault.

On Saturday, August 18, 2018, 4:24:44 PM EDT, Bill P via Groups.Io <a2badboy99@...> wrote:

[...]

Umpy

Guys, It looks like the commish loaded the file.  On my play file, Tanana, Walling etc are all on the farm as should have been by statement below.  Rosema, Kison, Splittorff are the 1st 3 SP listed and all are or would be rested.

Not taking sides, just stating what I see on the file.