locked Re: ASSL '80: Poll on Injury Settings #poll

Thomas Battiato

After reading Chris's note, I searched the help file and saw that he is correct - "Game injuies Enabled" is really no change at all! I had assumed it meant only for the duration of the current game and the injury didn't carry forward, but I was wrong.

He is correct that anything other than"Fatigue Only" will not make ardly any change to the injury situation, so I changed my vote to "Fatigue Only." If you want to eliminate injuries, that is the only choice that will do so.

Thank you, Chris, for educating me that voting for the other two negates our earlier vote to eliminate injuries.

Here is the complete description of all four categories from the Help file, with 'Game Injuries Enabled" highlighted to sow that it doesn't reduce injuries at all!

"There are four levels of A.I.M. interaction with League Manager and Baseball:

1. Fatigue only: A.I.M. will report the current status of a player, and will modify the player's abilities based upon his usage under fatigued status conditions.  However, no injuries that occur in games or that might result from over-use in A.I.M. terms will be enforced upon a player for subsequent games.

2. Game injuries enabled: In addition to maintaining fatigue status effects, injuries that occur due to rare plays during the course of a game will be enforced on players for the length of time in days that injury is scheduled to run.

3. All injuries enabled: In addition to the above, A.I.M. will often assess injuries against players who participate in a game while fatigued.  That is, players who are Tired, Bushed, or Worn out may become injured after a game if they appear in an active role in that game.

4. Reduced Injuries and Fatigue:  This option is identical to the above option except that the duration of A.I.M. injuries has been somewhat reduced."