locked Re: ASSL '80: Poll on Injury Settings #poll

Chris Strovel (Harpers Ferry Federal Armory)

Just a note as you head out to the polls today -- Option 2, 'Game Injuries and Fatigue,' represents almost no change from our current settings. It only eliminates AIM overuse injuries, which are rare. And, reading the help files, it appears the 'Reduced' injuries setting only applies to AIM injuries, and not to in-game injuries. Under that reading, Option 1 is not much of a change. Here is that Help language:

  • All Injuries and Fatigue - this option acts just like the above option plus fatigued players (Tired, Bushed or Worn-out) who appear in games are subject to AIM injuries. These injuries do not appear in the game script or the boxscore but show up on the team status report after the game. These injuries can be a significant length and the length of the injuries are directly related to the level of overuse a player has received.
  • Reduced Injuries and Fatigue - this option is identical to the above option except that the duration of AIM injuries has been somewhat reduced.

So it looks like neither of the first two options will do much to change the current setup.

==

On July 25, 2019 at 9:14 AM "Steven Galbraith via Groups.Io" <stevemgalbraith@...> wrote:

A new poll has been created:

We'll vote now on which specific injury settings to use. These changes will go into effect immediately and will be the setting for all future seasons pending any vote to change them again. Whichever setting receives the most votes will be the one we use. It does not require a majority of owners, i.e., 10.
In case of a tie we'll have another poll on just those settings. If it's a three way tie (not likely) we'll worry about that later.

1. Change to "Reduced Injuries and Fatigue"
2. Change to "Game Injuries and Fatigue"
3. Change to "Fatigue Only."

Vote Now