ABLE League Openings

Thomas Battiato

Dear ASSL Friend,

ABLE is a modern day 20 team BBW League that will begin its 34th season in April, 2019. A unique feature to our league is that we are each associated with a Major League franchise, and have "first right of refusal" on their rookies.

The new owners will be able to affiliation to any of the following teams for the 2019 MLB season, and begin freezing its rookies with their draft picks beginning with the 2020 draft:

Yankees, Orioles, Blue Jays, Rays, Royals, Angels, Nationals, Marlins, Cubs, Reds, Padres, or Rockies.

The two teams will create their initial rosters from a pool of 72 players that were on the previous teams, so that each manager can put his own stamp on his new team.

Instead of using AIM, we control players usage through actual innings pitched and games played/plate appearances. This allows us to use a very flexible and laid-back schedule consisting of 12 home games a month. They can be played all at once, or conveniently spread out any time it fits your schedule, between the 1st to the 25th of each month.

The two teams will select their initial 36-man rosters from a mini-draft of the 72 players that were on the previous squads, so that each manager can put his own stamp on his team.

There are some awful good players available, including stars such as Aaron Judge, Bryce Harper, Charlie Blackmon, Jose Ramirez, Anthony Rendon, Chris Sale, Jason Verlander, Zach Greinke, and many more (see full list below).

The rookie/free agent draft will be held by email March 1-3, and the season runs from April 1 to October 25.

Please contact me if you may be interested in running a franchise or have any questions.

Regards,

Tom Battiato (ASSL Florida Manatees)

Arrieta
Jake