Re: ASSL: Updated 1983 Disk Out Shorlty

John Anderson

Walks are now based on walk % not per inning

John Anderson

On Nov 3, 2021, at 4:00 PM, TONY LUCCHESI <tony_lucchesi@...> wrote:

 Boddicker had a 2.6 bb rate. Maybe hitters have lesser amount of Walks.
Maybe check Brian downing or other batters to see if their walk numbers were reduced.

On Nov 3, 2021, at 1:52 PM, Chris Strovel (Harpers Ferry Federal Armory) <strovel@...> wrote:

Boddicker went from a 17 yz to a 14 x. He only walked 52 in a 170 innings or something, so I guess they're counting on a low hit rate to squeeze down the walks....

==
On 11/03/2021 4:42 PM TONY LUCCHESI <tony_lucchesi@...> wrote:

It sounds like they have gone away from a pitcher winning 24 games but had a 3.66 ERA.
Any more examples?

On Nov 3, 2021, at 1:37 PM, John Anderson via groups.io <andjohn1961@...> wrote:

I’m glad you could figure out how to order it because I couldn’t.

John Anderson

On Nov 3, 2021, at 3:05 PM, Steven Galbraith via groups.io <stevemgalbraith@...> wrote:

Got mine about the same time.

This update/revision knocks out a lot of "Z"s. Looks offhand about half of the pitchers lost them. I think the previous release over graded pitchers. But this looks like it overcompensated.

On Wednesday, November 3, 2021, 04:01:49 PM EDT, Chris Strovel (Harpers Ferry Federal Armory) <strovel@...> wrote:

Weird. This e-mail came ten minutes after I got the updated 83 disk e-delivered from the GameCo

==
On 11/03/2021 4:00 PM Steven Galbraith via groups.io <stevemgalbraith@...> wrote:

Just to note: It's very tough on pitcher's grades. Again. Lamar Hoyt goes from an 18 Z on the previous release to a 13 Z L on this one. A full five points plus the L which counts roughly about minus one point. So he goes from about a 20 to a 14.