Re: ASSL: Updated 1983 Disk Out Shorlty

TONY LUCCHESI

Did hitters get one less walk number?
Do we need to use Merlin?

On Nov 3, 2021, at 2:52 PM, Steven Galbraith via groups.io <stevemgalbraith@...> wrote:

Yes, an L w/no z: 14 XYL. Batters hit .208 against him. That's not a 14 I think. Granted, it was the NL with the pitchers hitting.

On Wednesday, November 3, 2021, 05:45:51 PM EDT, TONY LUCCHESI <tony_lucchesi@...> wrote:

Did Soto get a L and no Z?

On Nov 3, 2021, at 2:05 PM, Steven Galbraith via groups.io <stevemgalbraith@...> wrote:

Hoyt's an extreme case with that high ERA. Soto went down from a 17z to a 14. Not sure why. 17-13 with a 2.70 ERA.

I can see a 13/14Z or a straight 16 but not a 14.

On Wednesday, November 3, 2021, 04:42:36 PM EDT, TONY LUCCHESI <tony_lucchesi@...> wrote:

It sounds like they have gone away from a pitcher winning 24 games but had a 3.66 ERA.
Any more examples?

On Nov 3, 2021, at 1:37 PM, John Anderson via groups.io <andjohn1961@...> wrote:

 I’m glad you could figure out how to order it because I couldn’t.

John Anderson

On Nov 3, 2021, at 3:05 PM, Steven Galbraith via groups.io <stevemgalbraith@...> wrote:

Got mine about the same time.

This update/revision knocks out a lot of "Z"s. Looks offhand about half of the pitchers lost them. I think the previous release over graded pitchers. But this looks like it overcompensated.

On Wednesday, November 3, 2021, 04:01:49 PM EDT, Chris Strovel (Harpers Ferry Federal Armory) <strovel@...> wrote:

Weird. This e-mail came ten minutes after I got the updated 83 disk e-delivered from the GameCo

==
On 11/03/2021 4:00 PM Steven Galbraith via groups.io <stevemgalbraith@...> wrote:

Just to note: It's very tough on pitcher's grades. Again. Lamar Hoyt goes from an 18 Z on the previous release to a 13 Z L on this one. A full five points plus the L which counts roughly about minus one point. So he goes from about a 20 to a 14.