Re: ASSL '82; New Seltzer file revised

Umpy

New file.  Should be 30.

Very odd as to what happened.   My best guess is that when you created the new disk, and used my old file, that the players get a coded number on one of those stat.dat file or player.dat file.  With the added players, Valenzuela and others were assigned a number different from the original disk.  So when you loaded my f-file (old disk), player number 488 was Valenzuela and not one of my original schlepps.  Or something like that.  You may want to check with any other guys who just resent the file like I did.  They probably got out of whack as well.

On 07/11/2021 9:08 PM Steven Galbraith via groups.io <stevemgalbraith@...> wrote:

Umpy: I'm not sure how Valenzuela ended up on your team. Maybe I mistakenly put him there? Valenzuela belongs to Cut and Shoot.

You're at 29 with Valenzuela off your team and placed on Cut and Shoot. You can keep one more.

On Friday, July 9, 2021, 12:08:11 PM EDT, Umpy <umpy@...> wrote:

Just lost some points, but the cut guys stink on both disks.

Seltzer file.
On 07/09/2021 10:57 AM Steven Galbraith via groups.io <stevemgalbraith@...> wrote:

All: Okay, here's the latest APBA disk with our league/teams. It's in both c-file and backup formats.

We'll start all over again with the cuts (30 or fewer) since you may - doubtful but maybe - have wanted to keep (or cut a guy) with this disk that you didn't with the earlier one. As you'll see, almost all of the pitching grades have been knocked down 1-3 points. I have Geoff Zachn who went from a solid 14 Z to a less solid 11 Z. That's a full three points.

In any case, please go over this carefully. I think I got all of the uncarded but may have missed one or two.

Cuts will be due in a week.