Re: Valdosta vs Seltzer

Umpy

Teams split the 4 games.  Seltzer needed more from a lesser opponent.  But that's why you play em.

Game 1

4 rated Rick Waits shoved it down Seltzer's throat as he tossed a nifty 5 hitter and was never in trouble in a 5-0 win. Jeff Burroughs 2 run homer in the 1st was all he needed.

Game 2

Valdosta jumped all over local product Randy Martz for 7 runs in the 1st.  Burroughs hit a 3 run homer.  They added another in the 2nd but Seltzer battled back.  They scored 7 over 3 innings to get close.  Valdosta added 2 more in the 6th but couldn't hold that either.  Seltzer got 3 in the 7th to tie and won it in the 10th on a Ben Oglivie rbi single.  Final 11-10 Seltzer

Game 3

This time it was Seltzer with a 7 run inning.  They got 7 in the 3rd but Valdosta had no answer in a 9-2 win.  Ron Cey's 3 run homer was the big hit.  Jerry Reuss got his 17th win.

Game 4

Back and forth game with 5 lead changes.  Valdosta put it away with 3 in the 9th for a 9-6 win.  Keith Hernandez drove in 3.  Joel Youngblood added a 2 run homer.  Woodie Fryman got his 20th save.

On 02/02/2021 9:31 AM Steven Galbraith via groups.io <stevemgalbraith@...> wrote:

Week/Series #26 play c-file attached. Results due Saturday night.
Note: If you installed that latest APBA update file make sure your franchise file options haven't been changed. I've noticed that in some leagues they were for my team; but in others they weren't.