Post Season Playoff Setup/Schedule #poll-notice

Steven Galbraith

Proposal #2 is a bit complicated and concerns the post-season structure or schedule.

If we go to a third wildcard team, then the post-season will go as follows. The wildcards will begin TWO days AFTER the end of the regular reason (or any tie-breaking games). Currently, it is one game. We will continue with the 2-3-2- format.

A key change is that there will be a one day of rest AFTER the end of the SCHEDULED game 7 and NOT the deciding game of a series.

There will be one day of rest between games 2-3 & 5-6 in all rounds.

Wildcard round:

Seeds 1 & 2 get a first round bye.

Seed #3 hosts #6 in a best of 7.  Starts 2 days after the end of the regular season.  2 days in case of any tiebreakers.

Seed #4 hosts #5 in a best of 7.  Starts 2 days after the end of the regular season.  2 days in case of any tiebreakers.

1 day of rest between Game 7 on schedule (even if none of the series go seven games) and Game 1 of Semifinals.

Semifinals:

Seed #1 hosts worst remaining seeded team

Seed #2 host the other wildcard round winner

1 day of rest between Game 7 on schedule (even if none of the series go seven games) and Game 1 of Finals.

Finals/World Series:

Team with best record hosts the other remaining team

Results

See Who Responded