Re: ASSL '81: Draft Order &c

Umpy

Seltzer back, and to steal a line from Ernie Banks, let's play 162.  OR something like that.

On May 21, 2020 at 3:25 PM "Chris Strovel (Harpers Ferry Federal Armory)" <strovel@...> wrote:

If we started the draft today, I wouldn't pick until two weeks from now, anyway. ;)

I vote for playing 162.

My rule proposal is to compress the play deadlines so it doesn't take a year to play '81.

==
On May 21, 2020 at 3:22 PM "Steven Galbraith via groups.io" <stevemgalbraith@...> wrote:

Congrats to Silver City for repeating as champions for 1980. John's a very tough owner to compete against. And Kevin/Las Vegas, after a series of disappointing years, has moved to the top of the league. He'll be competing for the next few years.

I'm thinking of having at least 2-3 weeks off before starting the 1981 season. At least two if not more depending on what people want. I assume we'll want to play a full season and not the strike-shortened one? We may want to vote on that or not. Also, a few other suggestions regarding post season play will be proposed. More later.

The1981 Draft Order/Slots are as follows:
1. Hamilton
2. New Orleans
3. Florida
4. Cut and Shoot
5. Cascade
6. Waterloo
7. Polish
8. Valdosta
9. Spokane
10. Mt. Lebanon
11. Cucamonga
12. Seltzer
13. Czech
14. Harpers Ferry
15. Melonville
16. Bayou City
17. Mudville
18. Silver City

Also, I have this tentative list for traded picks for 1981. I believe there are a couple more. I have them listed in a file but, of course, I can't find the file right now.

Valdosta has Mudville's 1st
Mudville has Valdosta's 3rd
Florida has Czech's 1st
Florida has Mudville's 2nd