Re: ASSL: Post Season Teams Include Two Wildcards

Umpy

If you have 2 9 team leagues, someone is off (Bye) every set.   Need something different.

On April 23, 2020 at 10:40 AM "Chris Strovel (Harpers Ferry Federal Armory)" <strovel@...> wrote:

This Harpers Ferry team was the best team I’ve had to not make a modern-day playoff setup. I’ve had 100-win teams not make it, but those were in J-Rob before Divisional play. I didn’t think I could miss the post-season with a rotation that went 18-16-15-13, but that’s how it goes. The other teams in the division were stacked as well. Plus, I won the league with an 82-win team two years ago, so things balance out. Or maybe I still owe the baseball gods for that one.

I like the idea of an unbalanced schedule if the numbers work out easy enough. If we are eliminating divisions, though, are we talking one giant 18-team league, or two 9-team leagues with no interleague play?

==

From: ASSL@groups.io <ASSL@groups.io> On Behalf Of Thomas Battiato via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, April 19, 2020 5:57 PM
To: ASSL@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ASSL] ASSL: Post Season Teams Include Two Wildcards

Okay. However, my suggestion was that we might consider keeping the divisions, but that we play more games with ones divisional opponents than with the teams outside the division, just as MLB does. I suggested one set of numbers that easily comes out to 162, but it can be adjusted.

Do you also oppose that idea, and if so, could you explain why? Thank you!