Topics

Upload/processing speed

Jim Dawson

I'm fairly new to LoTW so maybe this is a stupid question but... I uploaded a file today (06/02/2019) several hours ago and it still doesn't show up. All other uploads have taken a just few minutes. It has me worried as there are a couple new countries included. I tried uploading it again and got the notice that I had already uploaded them. Do I get any kind of notice when it's done or if they even got it?

Thanks de Jim _ K9DD

Larry Banks

Hi Jim,

There was a large file that LoTW was ingesting this afternoon.  I noticed over a three hour delay.  You do not receive any notice automatically – so you have to go in and see what your total is.  I keep a record of :
                [ UploadDate / #Uploaded / #TotalQs / #Confirmed ]
for each upload to make this easy to track.

You can also check LoTW status at:  < http://www.arrl.org/logbook-queue-status >.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Sunday, June 02, 2019 16:15
Subject: [ARRL-LoTW] Upload/processing speed

I'm fairly new to LoTW so maybe this is a stupid question but... I uploaded a file today (06/02/2019) several hours ago and it still doesn't show up. All other uploads have taken a just few minutes. It has me worried as there are a couple new countries included. I tried uploading it again and got the notice that I had already uploaded them. Do I get any kind of notice when it's done or if they even got it?

Thanks de Jim _ K9DD

Jim Dawson

Thanks Larry.

Mine was processed before my message was approved, so I worried for nothing.

73 de Jim K9DD

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 5:35 PM Larry Banks via Groups.Io
<larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
You do not receive any notice automatically – so you have to go in and see what your total is. I keep a record of :
No need for that - just go to "Your Account" -> "Your Activity" to see
your processed uploads.

~iain / N6ML

DON GAIKINS

Hi Jim.?? Log onto LOTW and then go to my activity.?? You can then see your uploads, and even get a report on the latest qsls that you have received.?? Good to see you back active.

Don W0VM (ex WD0CHW)

On 6/2/2019 3:15 PM, Jim Dawson wrote:

Thanks de Jim _ K9DD

Larry Banks

Thanks Ian,

I just find that extra stuff to do. My "log" is actually a temporary "pen on a sticky note" one that I can check as soon as I log in. That way I can immediately see my status.

"Your Account" is great for old history.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2019 0:21
To: ARRL-LoTW@groups.io
Subject: Re: [ARRL-LoTW] Upload/processing speed

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 5:35 PM Larry Banks via Groups.Io
<larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
You do not receive any notice automatically ??? so you have to go in and see what your total is. I keep a record of :
No need for that - just go to "Your Account" -> "Your Activity" to see
your processed uploads.

~iain / N6ML

Jim Dawson

Hi Don! 
I did look at "my activity" several times and saw all my previous uploads but not the current one. I was too impatient as the past ones showed up in minutes so I got worried. It was there in about an hour.

Maybe I'll see you at the Egyptian Hamfest.

73 de Jim - K9DD