Topics

QSO assigned to incorrect entity

Steve Phillips

I've just worked (and confirmed) EA8AO, which is located in the Canary islands.  The grid square supplied is IL18KC, which is the Canary Islands (LOTW marked this as "invalid").
LOTW assigned this QSO to "Spain" (entity 281) instead of "Canary Islands" (Entity 029).

EA8 is the correct prefix for the Canary Islands, and the grid square matches.  I'm confused.

What happened here and how can I fix this to get the correct credit?

Steve
WA1ZKN

Dennis Moore

This sounds like the issue is on the EA8AO account, not yours. LoTW will list what that station has listed in their certificate. Just like you wouldn't want EA8AO changing the information to show where you were at, you can't change the information that shows where they were at. I think your QSO will stay that way until they upload again with the corrected information.

73, Dennis NJ6G

On 6/4/2019 15:47, Steve Phillips wrote:
I've just worked (and confirmed) EA8AO, which is located in the Canary islands.  The grid square supplied is IL18KC, which is the Canary Islands (LOTW marked this as "invalid").
LOTW assigned this QSO to "Spain" (entity 281) instead of "Canary Islands" (Entity 029).

EA8 is the correct prefix for the Canary Islands, and the grid square matches.  I'm confused.

What happened here and how can I fix this to get the correct credit?

Steve
WA1ZKN

Jordi Q

Hi Steve,

I have sent him an e-mail  to the e-mail address appearing in QRZ.COM explaining all this and the way to correct this error. He must request a new certificate with the right DXCC allocation and upload and sign again all his QSOs. I hope he will be able to do it soon…

Best 73

Jordi, EA3GCV

I've just worked (and confirmed) EA8AO, which is located in the Canary islands.  The grid square supplied is IL18KC, which is the Canary Islands (LOTW marked this as "invalid").
LOTW assigned this QSO to "Spain" (entity 281) instead of "Canary Islands" (Entity 029).

EA8 is the correct prefix for the Canary Islands, and the grid square matches.  I'm confused.

What happened here and how can I fix this to get the correct credit?

Steve
WA1ZKN

Jordi Q

Hi Steve,

Just let you know that I got a reply from EA8AO and he told me that he has requested a new certificate. So I guess this issue will be solved soon 😉

Best 73

Jordi, EA3GCV

[...]

Thanks for the explanation and assistance.

73

Steve

iain macdonnell - N6ML

You might want to drop a note to the LoTW helpdesk too (in case they're not watching here). I'm not sure what happens to existing QSLs if a station re-uploads a log with a certificate for a different DXCC entity. It probably should be corrected in the database......

73,

    ~iain / N6ML

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 8:24 AM Jordi Q <ea3gcv@...> wrote:

[...]

Amazingly, this has already been fixed!  Thanks to whoever made this happen!

73

Steve
WA1ZKN

Jordi Q

Hi Steve,

EA8AO has just informed that he has got the new certificate and he has just uploaded again all QSOs. Problem solved!

Best 73

Jordi, EA3GCV