Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 15:10
Subject: [ARRL-LoTW] Lotw stuck

I haven't seen this happen in a while, but it appears the upload side of LoTW is stuck on a log uploaded a little over 3 hours ago. Screenshot of the queue status screen attached.

Rick Murphy

Agree with Larry - looks like one very large log. Hopefully making a bunch of people very happy.
Stand by for a bit and you should see the queue backlog go away.
73,
    -Rick

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 3:28 PM Larry Banks via Groups.Io <larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
The LoTW monitor < https://status.lotw.arrl.org/ > says all is OK, so it must be just a very large file.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 15:10

--
Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA

iain macdonnell - N6ML

The total QSO/QSL counts don't seem to be changing, though - I think
they normally do, when logs are being processed? Also looks like it
was already getting behind by 15:59, but only 6k QSOs in the queue at
that time.....

73,

~iain / N6ML

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 2:46 PM Rick Murphy <k1mu.nospam@...> wrote:

Agree with Larry - looks like one very large log. Hopefully making a bunch of people very happy.
Stand by for a bit and you should see the queue backlog go away.
73,
-Rick

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 3:28 PM Larry Banks via Groups.Io <larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

The LoTW monitor < https://status.lotw.arrl.org/ > says all is OK, so it must be just a very large file.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

I haven't seen this happen in a while, but it appears the upload side of LoTW is stuck on a log uploaded a little over 3 hours ago. Screenshot of the queue status screen attached.

--
Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA

Matthew Chambers NR0Q

Thanks, I'm sitting and waiting af patiently as I know how. Must be a very large log, now between 8-9 hours of processing!

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 15:10

I haven't seen this happen in a while, but it appears the upload side of LoTW is stuck on a log uploaded a little over 3 hours ago. Screenshot of the queue status screen attached.

--
Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA

Larry Banks

The monitor page still says it is OK, but I must admit at this point I am starting to wonder...

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 15:10

I haven't seen this happen in a while, but it appears the upload side of LoTW is stuck on a log uploaded a little over 3 hours ago. Screenshot of the queue status screen attached.

--
Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA

Matthew Chambers NR0Q

One question though?

What happens if that user, not understanding that log processing may take time and uploads the same log several times thinking that nothing happened?

Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2019 15:10

I haven't seen this happen in a while, but it appears the upload side of LoTW is stuck on a log uploaded a little over 3 hours ago. Screenshot of the queue status screen attached.

--
Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA

iain macdonnell - N6ML

Seems to be processing and catching up now.

73,

~iain / N6ML

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 3:03 PM iain macdonnell - N6ML <ar@...> wrote:

[...]

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

One question though?

What happens if that user, not understanding that log processing may take time and uploads the same log several times thinking that nothing happened?

+ TQSL will not submit the same QSO more than once. Before this capability was added, roughly half of all QSOs submitted to LoTW were duplicates; some users re-submitted their entire log each time they made a few new QSOs.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ

[...]

+ Was this a mass resubmission of FT4 QSOs without the DATA mapping?

73,

Dave, AA^YQ

Matthew Chambers NR0Q

Can't tell but my FT8 QSOs from today are slowly showing up,  about 1 every 30min.

On Thu, May 23, 2019, 21:38 Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

Seems to be processing and catching up now.

+ Was this a mass resubmission of FT4 QSOs without the DATA mapping?

        73,

                 Dave, AA^YQ

Vic Goncharsky

It was TO19A log upload that really made us happy!

73, Victor Goncharsky US5WE/K1WE (UW5W in VHF contests), P.E.
UARL Technical and VHF Committies
DXCC Honor Roll #1 (Mixed, Phone)
DXCC card checker (160 meters).

Tom Wylie

A watched kettle never boils as my old grandmother used to say!

Tom
GM4FDM