From: Hank Garretson <w6sx@...>
Date: 5/23/19 11:08 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: "Michael Keane, K1MK" <k1mk@...>, w1zfg@..., ARRL-LoTW@groups.io
Cc: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@...>, "Murphy, Rick, K1MU" <k1mu@...>, "Haney, Douglas" <dhaney@...>
Subject: [ARRL-LoTW] FT8 help please--All Good

Good Morning All,

My problems were all my own goofs.

Special thanks to N3QE who provided the critical clue and then to ARRL Headquarters helpers who all helped me figure out the errors of my ways.

Thank you Gentlemen.

(A bit ironic. Before this started, I had 288,500 successful QSO uploads to LoTW with only 124 zombies. Thanks to my FT8 missteps, I now have 149 zombies.)

Ham Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX

Hank Garretson

Har! Just dipping my toes. Next step is to try it in a contest.

BUT, I'll always be a CW man.

73,

Hank, W6SX

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 8:52 AM Craig Dowling via Groups.Io <crd758=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Uh oh Hank. Does that mean the Apocolipse is REALLY COMING?????

73

CRAIG WA1HEW

Special thanks to N3QE who provided the critical clue and then to ARRL Headquarters helpers who all helped me figure out the errors of my ways.

Thank you Gentlemen.

(A bit ironic. Before this started, I had 288,500 successful QSO uploads to LoTW with only 124 zombies. Thanks to my FT8 missteps, I now have 149 zombies.)

Ham Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX

Bob Poirier

Here’s to old cw men!!  Nice to read you again, Hank.  I second the FT8 mess ups.  Been active for a week on that mode and I think I’m the champion if misteps!

Cheers and 73,

Bob, K0DJ

On May 23, 2019, at 5:41 PM, Hank Garretson <w6sx@...> wrote:

Har! Just dipping my toes. Next step is to try it in a contest.

BUT, I'll always be a CW man.

73,

Hank, W6SX

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 8:52 AM Craig Dowling via Groups.Io <crd758=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Uh oh Hank. Does that mean the Apocolipse is REALLY COMING?????

73

CRAIG WA1HEW

Special thanks to N3QE who provided the critical clue and then to ARRL Headquarters helpers who all helped me figure out the errors of my ways.

Thank you Gentlemen.

(A bit ironic. Before this started, I had 288,500 successful QSO uploads to LoTW with only 124 zombies. Thanks to my FT8 missteps, I now have 149 zombies.)

Ham Exuberantly,

Hank, W6SX

n0dpr@...

What pray tell is a zombie?
Brad
NØDPR

Craig Dowling

Hi. You can refer to the zombie movies of the 50s and 60s for historical reference   but mostly recently zombies have been portrayed in the Walking Dead series and comics where a  v irus starts and is pertetuated as infected souls die and are are reborn as zombies who infect others with their bite.  The only way is kill a zombie is with a mortal wound to the head or simple decapitation.

Got it??  LOL. 73 my friend

It's a QSO that has been uploaded to LoTW that can never be matched because of incorrect data.