Topics

FT8 help please

Hank Garretson
 



I upload a WSJTx FT8 log.

Most Recent QSOs gives me two hits for each contact. One with call, one with grid.

image.png

What am I doing wrong? Help please.

73,

Hank, W6SX

Tim Shoppa
 

Hank, you uploaded the log twice. One time you uploaded with FT8=FT8 and another time with FT8 mapped to DATA.

While TQSL can be configured to map FT8 to DATA, it seems more likely (seeing how the seconds were lopped off) that you had exported your log to Cabrillo and then something converted your Cabrillo to ADIF to get the upload with DATA as the mode. I suggest this because I know you often upload Cabrillos instead of the logging programs ADIF and the mark of that is that the seconds all get lopped off.

Tim N3QE

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 11:21 AM Hank Garretson <w6sx@...> wrote:


I upload a WSJTx FT8 log.

Most Recent QSOs gives me two hits for each contact. One with call, one with grid.

image.png

What am I doing wrong? Help please.

73,

Hank, W6SX

iain macdonnell - N6ML
 



On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 8:27 AM Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@...> wrote:
Hank, you uploaded the log twice. One time you uploaded with FT8=FT8 and another time with FT8 mapped to DATA.

While TQSL can be configured to map FT8 to DATA, it seems more likely (seeing how the seconds were lopped off) that you had exported your log to Cabrillo and then something converted your Cabrillo to ADIF to get the upload with DATA as the mode. I suggest this because I know you often upload Cabrillos instead of the logging programs ADIF and the mark of that is that the seconds all get lopped off.


It's worse than that... the "DATA" QSOs have a grid square where the callsign should be. Not sure how that could happen. Exact steps use to upload might be informative .....

73,

    ~iain / N6ML



 
On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 11:21 AM Hank Garretson <w6sx@...> wrote:


I upload a WSJTx FT8 log.

Most Recent QSOs gives me two hits for each contact. One with call, one with grid.

image.png

What am I doing wrong? Help please.

73,

Hank, W6SX

Dennis Moore
 

Can you paste a few lines of the ADIF file you uploaded?

Dennis NJ6G

On 5/22/2019 08:20, Hank Garretson wrote:


I upload a WSJTx FT8 log.

Most Recent QSOs gives me two hits for each contact. One with call, one with grid.

image.png

What am I doing wrong? Help please.

73,

Hank, W6SX

Hank Garretson
 

G'Day Iian and Dennis and others,

I am getting help from N3QE, K1MK, and K1MU.

I think we are close to resolution. I will update list on what I did wrong once we get it all sorted out.

73,

Hank, W6SX

Rick Murphy
 

Note to all, as Tim said: this is why Cabrillo is so horrible.
Every contest has a unique layout for the file. 
Known contests have a definition for where the "Call Worked" field is in an Cabrillo file.

This file is for contest name "FT8". When you try to process that with TQSL, it will not recognize the contest name so TQSL falls back to trying to guess the right field to be the callsign. Grids are ignored (two letters followed by two numbers), so TQSL should have gotten this right.

The log lines look like this:
QSO: 14076 DG 2019-05-22 1636 W6SX         DM07          VA3MDB       EN92

My guess? You have a Cabrillo contest specification added to TQSL with the "Call-Worked" field set to 7, not 8.
73,
    -Rick

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 1:49 PM Hank Garretson <w6sx@...> wrote:
G'Day Iian and Dennis and others,

I am getting help from N3QE, K1MK, and K1MU.

I think we are close to resolution. I will update list on what I did wrong once we get it all sorted out.

73,

Hank, W6SX



--
Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA

Rick Murphy
 

And the plot thickens.
TQSL does "do the right thing" with this .cbr file.  It's able to automatically deduce the field containing the callsign, at least for this 3-QSO example.

Diagnosing the problem here will require the original .cbr file as well as answering the question as to whether or not there's a user-defined contest specification for the FT8 contest (and if so, what it gives for the "call-worked" field.)
73,
    -Rick


On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 3:56 PM Rick Murphy via Groups.Io <k1mu.nospam=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Note to all, as Tim said: this is why Cabrillo is so horrible.
Every contest has a unique layout for the file. 
Known contests have a definition for where the "Call Worked" field is in an Cabrillo file.

This file is for contest name "FT8". When you try to process that with TQSL, it will not recognize the contest name so TQSL falls back to trying to guess the right field to be the callsign. Grids are ignored (two letters followed by two numbers), so TQSL should have gotten this right.

The log lines look like this:
QSO: 14076 DG 2019-05-22 1636 W6SX         DM07          VA3MDB       EN92

My guess? You have a Cabrillo contest specification added to TQSL with the "Call-Worked" field set to 7, not 8.
73,
    -Rick

On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 1:49 PM Hank Garretson <w6sx@...> wrote:
G'Day Iian and Dennis and others,

I am getting help from N3QE, K1MK, and K1MU.

I think we are close to resolution. I will update list on what I did wrong once we get it all sorted out.

73,

Hank, W6SX



--
Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA



--
Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA