Topics

Logbook - One operation location in Illnois, the other in Arizona

Bill Watkins

Hi guys,

I have searched, and I can't find the clear answer.  I have just received a certificate with which I use to make QSO in Illinois.  I live in Arizona.  When I am in Arizona, how should I manage LOTW?  Should I have a different certificate?

When I operate Parks on the Air throughout the country when I travel, how should I manage LOTW?

I appreciate any clarification or direction.

Thanks,

Bill
K0WHW

NA6MB

If you use the same call set up a “Station Location” for each.
I think “Home” is the default.
You can make several, one for IL and one for AZ.

Mike
NA6MB

On Oct 15, 2018, at 1:21 PM, Bill Watkins <kf7yxs@...> wrote:

Hi guys,

I have searched, and I can't find the clear answer.  I have just received a certificate with which I use to make QSO in Illinois.  I live in Arizona.  When I am in Arizona, how should I manage LOTW?  Should I have a different certificate?

When I operate Parks on the Air throughout the country when I travel, how should I manage LOTW?

I appreciate any clarification or direction.

Thanks,

Bill
K0WHW

Rick Murphy

Callsign certificates are issued for a given callsign.
If you make QSOs from more than one QTH with the same callsign, then you need to create a station location for each location.

EXACTLY like it would be with paper QSLs - if you operate in IL some of the time, you should have a QSL with your IL details. When you operate in AZ, you need a QSL card with those details.
Easy.
73,
    -Rick

--
Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA

Dave AA6YQ

+ AA6YQ comments below

I have searched, and I can't find the clear answer. I have just received a certificate with which I use to make QSO in Illinois. I live in Arizona. When I am in Arizona, how should I manage LOTW?

+ See

<https://lotw.arrl.org/lotw-help/multiple-callsigns-locations/>

Should I have a different certificate?

+ No. You should use TQSL to define a "Station Location" from each geographic location from which you operate. When you direct TQSL (or your logging application) to upload a batch of QSOs, all made from the same geographic location, specify the "Station Location" appropriate for that geographic location.

When I operate Parks on the Air throughout the country when I travel, how should I manage LOTW?

+ Same answer as above.

73,

Dave, AA6YQ