Re: Some Error all of a Sudden

Frank T Brady

What I mean is that I don't believe that the security vulnerability had anything to do with a web query for a qsl download and a little effort could have solved the real problem without causing all this disruption.
Frank W0ECS

On 10/15/2018 1:08 PM, Charles Gallo wrote:
On Mon, October 15, 2018 12:51 pm, Frank T Brady wrote:
Well, Rick - that sounds like a very user-unfriendly policy for ARRL to
make a change that requires everyone to get updated software. User friendly
implementation would be to accommodate existing user software interface
methods - not force everyone to change or fail. 73, Frank W0ECS
So you mean that you'd prefer that the ARRL should leave a security
vulnerability open for more than a DECADE after the patch has been put out
there? Maybe you vendor should have updated your software in that time?
(Framework 3.5 sp1 came out in August 2008)

Join ARRL-LoTW@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.