Re: Some Error all of a Sudden

Frank T Brady

Rick
Are you saying that VB.NET software must be updated in order to remain compatible with the Oct 1th security changes made by ARRL?
That doesn't make any sense (to me).
Frank

On 10/15/2018 12:21 PM, Rick Murphy wrote:
As in the other thread - your VB.net control is probably out of date.
73,
    -Rick

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 12:04 PM Frank T Brady <franktbrady@...> wrote:
Bill
I started getting the same error today when trying to download latest lotw qsls.
This code has been working for years and I have not made any changes.
The URL works in a browser but not in my VB.NET Logger Application.
I'm running on windows 10.
73, Frank W0ECS

On 10/15/2018 11:35 AM, Bill wrote:
In trying to download from LOTW, I get this error message.

I rebooted the computer and get the same thing.  First time I have seen this.

The error says: The request was aborted.  Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

Bill
K2WH

--
Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA

Join ARRL-LoTW@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.