using Ancestral Quest 16

sandyleavitt1@...

I'm looking at the new information about "LDS Incomplete Individual Ordinances".....where can I locate the LDS Data option?

Also, I am trying to link the FamilyTreeFamilySearch and Ancestral Quest 16.....help me please.

Thanks
Sandy

Gaylon Findlay

Sandy:

You can turn the LDS Data on or off in the "Preferences" screen under the "Tools" menu.

Also on the Preferences screen, you can turn the features that allow syncing with FamilySearch on or off. If this option is "on", then you should see little gray or blue tree icons on the name line with any deceased persons in your file, both on the Pedigree View and on the Family View. These tree icons act as buttons to initiate syncing actions with FamilySearch.

If you click on a gray tree icon, it will initiate a search to see whether your person already exists in FamilySearch. If it does, then you can link your record with the corresponding record in FamilySearch. If your person is not on FamilySearch, the process will allow you to add your record to FamilySearch.

A blue tree icon means that you've already linked your record with the corresponding record in FS. Click on that blue tree icon to see a side-by-side view of the record in your file compared with the record in FS. While on that screen, if you see information that should be exchanged between your file and FamilySearch, you can initiate the exchanges.

That should be enough to get you started. By looking at options on the "FamilySearch" menu of AQ, and looking at links and buttons on the screens, you should be able to make a lot of headway. Don't be afraid to click on the "Help" buttons of these screens -- the help topics attempt to teach you about nuances that might be helpful.

Gaylon