Topics

Yes, ANOTHER new release!

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Here's a release that some of you running without GPSs will enjoy. You can now move your position by simply dragging the screen and hitting Transmit. One acknowledgment of your intent and you've been moved!

And, the bottom of the circle now tells you if you're tracking yourself (S as before), Panning around, or Tracking some other station.

And there's a Screen/Tracking menu to center back on the tracked station, track and center on you, and LOCK the tracking so that even if you pan around, the very next position update will recenter on the tracked station (even if it is you).

But wait, there's more! I forget who requested it, but you can now set up an APRSIS32 at home tracking your mobile and it will continue tracking your mobile after a restart. It will display "Awaiting(xxxxx-n)" at the bottom of the circle until the first position update is heard. Then it will center on that position and change to "Tracking(xxxxx-n)". If you've got Screen / Tracking / Locked checked, even if the screen is dragged away, it will jump back to center on the next position update.

But enough rambling. The list below is from the top of the release notes, but if you want to see the ToDos, you'll have to download them from the Files section while you're out there getting the new release.

Upgrade it now, and let me know what you'd like to see next (I know, metric units! Polish translation, and AGW transmit!)...

Short List (well, maybe not so short):

With GPS Disabled (or not configured), Clicking Transmit will ask if you want to move to the screen center. This will let you move your coordinates around after the original setup without editing the XML file!

Bottom of circle shows Center/Tracking status (S is tracking me to center)

Screen / Tracking menu options to a) Re-center on Tracked station, b) Track and Center Me, c) Lock tracking (drag is canceled on position update, forces tracked station back to center)

If you were tracking a station when you close the program, it will wait for that station to appear and auto-track it on restart. Track something else to cancel.

If a message or ack is heard from a station, that station will be marked as "Message Capable" adding Message and Yes/No to the menu/popup respectively.

Messages now gate from -IS to RF as 3rd party packets if the destination station was "recently" heard "locally". They are currently sent on ALL enabled RF interfaces (although AGW is still receive-only)

A rolling window of 10 APRSISxx.LOG files is saved. 01 through 09 is appended to the name for the older logs. Please zip and send ALL of them if you have support requests!

When an RF interface is enabled, the scrolling station pane wasn't sizing wide enough for the *n suffix for RF-received packets. It does now.

The XML configuration saver can now handle an & symbol or overlay!

The program can now properly format !DAO! extended precision beacons. They'll be configurable in a future revision but are currently used for RFID beacons.

View / RFID will filter the display to stations with HA or RA symbols (Box overlayed with H or R) for RFID

Non-GPS beacons were going out with a 000000h timestamp. The beacon now includes the system's time in UTC.

Gary Sanders

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh wrote:
But wait, there's more! I forget who requested it, but you can now set
up an APRSIS32 at home tracking your mobile and it will continue
tracking your mobile after a restart. It will display
"Awaiting(xxxxx-n)" at the bottom of the circle until the first position
update is heard. Then it will center on that position and change to
"Tracking(xxxxx-n)". If you've got Screen / Tracking / Locked checked,
even if the screen is dragged away, it will jump back to center on the
next position update.

Thank you so much for this addition. I mentioned in a post a couple of days ago that this feature would really help me, and here it is! I've tried it today, and it appears to be working as expected.

You also asked in another post what features from uiview people would like to see. One that I use constantly is an add-in for uiview called "Station Movement Alarm". If a station moves more than "X" (programmable in yards) from it's previous position, a user-selectable sound file is played. I have it play a chime.

I have the distance set to 30 yards. So when the car is parked, no alert chime sounds. If the next position is more than 30 yards from the last one, the chime sounds. Simple, and unbelievably convenient.

It would be nice if something like this could be optionally added to the "Locked Tracking" feature.

Gary Sanders
WB0BZR

David Shrum

I too would find it handy too, I usually have it set to monitor activity
from my son but it is only one window of many I have running on my PC one of
which is my TV ( I have a tuner card installed and not a 'real' TV at my
home). Well sometimes I get involved in one of my other windows and totally
forget (getting old...) to check the APRSIS32 window and see where he has
already arrived at his destination. :(

Dave N8PU

PS Thanks Lynn for this fine program(s).