Yaesu FTnD was: Dev 2020/04/26 22:23

On 4/27/2020 12:20 PM, Dennis Griffin wrote:
Hi Lynn,

I believe that FT1D, FT2D & FT3D are intended to be base model designators, with the R signifying the model being appropriate for the American(?) market.

Each of these were/are also available with a DE suffix as well as the DR suffix, and the FT1D also had an XDR suffix follow-on model.

This is similar to how Icom & Kenwood append an A or an E to many (all?) of their models to signify American or European market models.

I suspect that may be why Bob B listed only FT3D, so that any variation of that base model would be ID’d in APRS correctly.

You may recall seeing this from the TH-D74 FW update notes:

Updated item : (Version 1.08  1.09) [June 26, 2019]

The following features are updated.

1. Enables decoding of standard APRS telemetry format.(Displays telemetry packets sent from the PSAT2.)
2. Enables display of the model name "FT3D" when received an APRS position packet from the Yaesu FT3DR/E.

73 de Dennis KD7CAC
Scottsdale, AZ

On Apr 27, 2020, at 7:59 AM, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

I only mirrored what Bob had listed at http://www.aprs.org/aprs12/mic-e-types.txt

Which leads me to ask if the model number actually includes the final R as you showed but is NOT included in Bob's definitions?

So maybe we got the hyphen right, but are still worng (sic)...

On 4/27/2020 10:45 AM, Dennis Griffin wrote:
In case anyone is confused, Yaesu didn’t include a hyphen in the FT1DR, FT2DR & FT3DR HT model descriptors, as they have for every other transceiver model that I’m aware of since the FT-51R.

Thanks for adding it correctly, Lynn.

73 de Dennis KD7CAC
Scottsdale, AZ

On Apr 27, 2020, at 6:48 AM, Ryszard Labus via groups.io <r.labus@...> wrote:

It works well now.

<lobbcmjhfakpnhcf.png>

Really good job.
Thank You.

R.

W dniu 2020-04-27 o 14:00, Lynn Deffenbaugh pisze:
Well, because those notes were accumulated from the changes done over the past 2 years, not necessarily recently.  FT-3D will be in the next update, hopefully later today as I catch up on more stuff.

On 4/27/2020 4:03 AM, Ryszard Labus via groups.io wrote:

What i am doing wrong?

I cant see FT-3D as recognized?

<hicijalgjldiggho.png>

W dniu 2020-04-27 o 05:15, Lynn Deffenbaugh pisze:
12) The recognized ToCalls and Mic-E type codes have been update per Bob's pages.
--
SINUX Ryszard Labus
ul. Domaniewska 47/10 02-672 Warszawa