Topics

XP Users (Dev: 2020/05/09 21:57)

Lynn Deffenbaugh

WinXP users of APRSIS32,

If you upgrade to the latest development version (2020/05/09 21:57), please let me know if it works.  The incorporation of CURL into the program required a new import library for wldap32 and, even though I told Visual Studio to build for XP compatibility, I have no XP machine on which to verify that it will still work.

On 5/9/2020 10:09 PM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:
A new development release has been pushed out that includes two minor changes:

1) Correct handling of satellite and lightning multilines if a { happens to be in the !DAO!

2) Use libcurl instead of custom-coded HTTP/1.0 client for map tile fetching.  MUCH faster as it uses HTTP/1.1 and re-uses server connections.

That second one is not only a dramatic performance boost for tile fetching, but also lays the groundwork for being able to support https tile sources  Of course, those will only happen from MbTiles files as the old tile set definition has no way to specify the protocol to use.  The MbTiles layout I'm using includes the full URL in the database, so it will be able to support https (but it doesn't yet, so don't try it!).

Ryszard Labus

Working well on virtual machine with XP.

W dniu 2020-05-10 o 10:33, Lynn Deffenbaugh pisze:
[...]

SINUX Ryszard Labus
ul. Domaniewska 47/10 02-672 Warszawa
NIP: 548-138-01-53    tel: 666385002
          r.labus@...
http://sinux.pl   http://sinux.com.pl

wavetel1

Lynn

Ive got a couple of old machines running XP . I just upgraded one and tried it. It appears to be ok. Its running AGW interface and also APRS internet feed to the servers. I have not done any long term tests but nothing appears to have faulted. It was using VK5AH-8

Tony VK5AH

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Most excellent.  The problem(s), if there were going to be any, would have been right at the start.  It would have either said something about this program not being able to run here or a missing .DLL preventing it from starting.

Glad to know I didn't bork anything this time!

On 5/10/2020 10:21 AM, wavetel1 wrote:
Lynn

Ive got a couple of old machines running XP . I just upgraded one and tried it. It appears to be ok. Its running AGW interface and also APRS internet feed to the servers. I have not done any long term tests but nothing appears to have faulted. It was using VK5AH-8

Tony VK5AH

K3RWN

I am thinking about giving it a go on an old XP Netbook.  Is there a way to copy the map files to the hard drive and for go the need for internet to permit map zooming?

Rich

On 5/10/2020 10:23 AM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:

Most excellent.  The problem(s), if there were going to be any, would have been right at the start.  It would have either said something about this program not being able to run here or a missing .DLL preventing it from starting.

Glad to know I didn't bork anything this time!

On 5/10/2020 10:21 AM, wavetel1 wrote:
Lynn

Ive got a couple of old machines running XP . I just upgraded one and tried it. It appears to be ok. Its running AGW interface and also APRS internet feed to the servers. I have not done any long term tests but nothing appears to have faulted. It was using VK5AH-8

Tony VK5AH

ab8xg

I am running it on an old acer mini laptop with xp. No problems so far everything started and ran great. And then it quit recieving so I tried my cord and a differant program and then a differant computer and finally a differant tnc. Ended up being something in the tnc, I restored it and now it's working fine. Have only been running the new version for a couple of days but absolutely no problems so far with it. Will see what happens this week when I try to incorporate the weather station.

Thanks for all your work on this.
AB8XG

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 5:50 PM, K3RWN
<rwnewbould@...> wrote:

[...]

Gervais Fillion <ve2ckn2@...>

Excuse guy's,
what is the link again to download it?

i am still on XP Pro on my UIview Gate,, i will try again Andrew if it start the install.

Thanks all for all your work on APRS

Gef
VE2CKN