Windows Sound level setting for each application

N0YWB

After years of fumbling through the menus to adjust the Windows 10 Sound sliders every time I changed digital modes apps,
I discover that each application has its own level setting.

Go to Settings | Sound | Advanced sound options | App volume and device preferences.
You have to open each app to make it visible.
Change Default to the specific sound device.

Notice that the other apps that share the same device are grayed out.
The first app opened is in control, and can be adjusted, until it is closed.

These are a percentage of the Master level setting, so set the Master volume once, and leave it alone.
https://www.technipages.com/change-volume-specific-apps-windows-10