Topics

Where is Add Filter?

KD7YZ Bob

Trying to remove some Red Background and Black Background "D" 's

followed some of this thread, and some links off it

https://groups.io/g/APRSISCE/topic/34598691#27034

so I can <ctrl> <shift> G and add in -s//a&/D (from Lynn) , to the filter line that appears

yet it doesn't seem to do anything and suddenly the local digipeater decodes (RF) don't appear in the Scroller .
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

James Ewen

Bob,

A better means of figuring out filters is to read up on them and understand them rather than just copying examples.

You can them customize your own filters to do exactly what you want.

Try reverse engineering the filter you posted to determine what it is doing.

James
VE6SRV

PS: the dash in the example is important. The link I posted tells you what it does in a filter.

Not trying to be a jerk, but rather trying to teach a man to fish versus giving him a fish. I don’t think there was a link to the wiki page provided with the examples, so the example can just look like a magic incantation if you have no reference material.

--
James
VE6SRV

Greg Depew

Correct me if wrong but doesn't control-G only work for Rf gating? I think you want Configure > General, add filter. To modify IS stations.

Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

On 5/24/2020 12:22, James Ewen wrote:
Bob,
A better means of figuring out filters is to read up on them and understand them rather than just copying examples.
That link is already 'open' here.

what my question relates to is: WHERE in the APRSIS32 program running, do I actually type in a filter I may craft?

unless I am imbecilic, I see no place on the Link telling me where to "Add Filter" ..

I don't at the moment need anyone to tell me what to type in but where to type it in.

KD7YZ

--
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

KD7YZ Bob

On 5/24/2020 12:40, Greg Depew wrote:
Correct me if wrong but doesn't control-G only work for Rf gating? I think you want Configure > General, add filter. To modify IS stations.
WOW! whodah thunk?

In "General" . I have seen that blank space a ge-dozen times and never paid attention to it.

Lynn has several "Links" he posted in that 2015 reply he made. I see the 'suggested' filter. I read the link to Symbols page and kinda gleaned how they are placed into the filter construct.

I believe the filter is now located on Line-8 of the aprsis32.xml as:

<Filter>-s//a&amp;/D</Filter>

though I typed -s//a&/D into the General/Add Filter box.

Will Line-8 Persist after closing Program?

And, is the filter construct inside the first // an "a" AND a "&" as the character individually following the second / .... a "D"

so, the Filter reads to block all Da AND all D&

which are the two red or black diamonds in which a "D" is overlaid ??

Many thanks for the excellently pointed reply.

--
73
Bob KD7YZ

--
KD7YZ Bob EM88LL

Lynn Deffenbaugh

& is a special character in XML, so it is escaped via &amp;

As long as you don't edit the XML with the client running, everything will be good.  It is best to use the GUI to make changes to parameters when you can.  Some (Development mode and Digipeating come to mind) do require editing the XML which must be done with teh client CLOSED or you will lose your edits.

-s//a&/D

General form of a symbol filter is:

s/pri/alt/over

So this filter will suppress (-) all symbols a or & in the alternate table with a D overlay.

so, the Filter reads to block all Da AND all D&

Yep.

which are the two red or black diamonds in which a "D" is overlaid ??
I'm assuming you are correct on that one.  I didn't verify the a and & alternate symbols.