Weather server status

Greg Depew

I talked to Pete today this is what he had to say. 

KB3KBR Greg. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 5/4/22 07:27 (GMT-05:00)
To: Greg Depew <goatherder_4891@...>
Subject: RE: Weather server

Hi Greg,

Did some research and everything looks ok on the weather server.  I have seen this before where weather offices don't update the alerts properly with the necessary criteria to get reported.  It appears that there were alerts Saturday evening which got reported but that was the last time.  I will keep an eye out for "immediate" warnings in the alert feed to make sure everything is getting reported correctly.

Thanks for the heads up.

Pete Loveall AE5PL
www.ae5pl.net

This electronic message transmission contains information from Peter Loveall AE5PL which may be confidential or privileged.  The contents of this message are intended solely for the use of the recipient or recipients named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that interception, disclosure, duplication, distribution or any other exploitation of this message is prohibited.

If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please immediately notify me by telephone at (972) 838-4107 or by email at pete@...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, May 3, 2022 10:10 PM
To: Pete Loveall AE5PL <pete@...>
Subject: Weather server

Hi Pete, name here is Greg KB3KBR. Noticed today during the severe weather today in Cleveland- Pittsburgh area with the tornado and severe thunderstorm warnings that nothing was going out over APRS. I was connected to both a T2 server in rotation and also another instance t o Firenet and saw no warnings either in my area or around the country. Just wondering if the service is still being provided or if something had changed.

Thanks for any info!

KB3KBR Greg. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.