was 'beacon digipeated' a possible setting I didn't find?

Arnold Harding - KQ6DI

Without looking at the Scroller, is there a way APRSIS32 will let me know if my Beacon was digipeated?
Maybe looking at the scroller is the only, or best method, and that's fine.  I'm just wondering if there is something else.

Thanks, Arnold
KQ6DI

Adam Mahnke

Do you have paths enabled? That's the only other way I can think of, but you'll need to tweak the settings some

Adam
KC2ANT

On Fri, Sep 9, 2022, 15:57 Arnold Harding - KQ6DI <kq6di@...> wrote:
Without looking at the Scroller, is there a way APRSIS32 will let me know if my Beacon was digipeated?
Maybe looking at the scroller is the only, or best method, and that's fine.  I'm just wondering if there is something else.

Thanks, Arnold
KQ6DI

Rob Giuliano

You can always click on the station and check all the information, but I would say the scroller is the quickest.

Are you checking your station, or one you received?

On Friday, September 9, 2022 at 03:57:26 PM EDT, Arnold Harding - KQ6DI <kq6di@...> wrote:

Without looking at the Scroller, is there a way APRSIS32 will let me know if my Beacon was digipeated?
Maybe looking at the scroller is the only, or best method, and that's fine.  I'm just wondering if there is something else.

Thanks, Arnold
KQ6DI

Arnold Harding - KQ6DI

We are troubleshooting this now that we are home and cleaned up.

We were camping, and trying to message a friend at home, roughly 250 miles apart.  We were receiving what appeared to be fine, but the friend (other end) wouldn't receive us sometimes, even when they connected to APRS-IS, so it appeared our RF wasn't being received by any digipeater or IGate.  (No internet for us.)  At that moment, I didn't think enough to be checking the Scroller, but I probably should have.  (Lack of oxygen to the brain at that altitude probably.)

I have an HT that can 'Beep' when it hears it's own digipeat, and I've seen other programs that have an option of showing that it got digipeated.  So I was wondering if APRSIS32 had something similar, and I overlooked it.  Sort of like the lines that could be drawn showing how the RF got from point to point.

Anyway, it seems like I should have been looking at the Scroller.

Thanks, Arnold, KQ6DI