Trouble with my Pore


Thomas Testa
 

For some unknown reason my port has stopped working. I have not changed a thing in my configurations.I can see incoming RF packets on my scroll but can not transmit. When I go to CONFIG/PORT my callsign and SSID have disappeared.I am running Development Version 2019/01/21 17:53


Lynn Deffenbaugh
 

The Callsign-SSID shown in the port configuration dialog are a red herring.  They are not used and will eventually be removed.  It was a misguided attempt to give each port its own unique station ID.

The most common reason for not transmitting is a change in the TNC or radio.  What are you using on this particular port?

You may also want to check:

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:transmitting

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 1/13/2020 8:23 PM, Thomas Testa via Groups.Io wrote:
For some unknown reason my port has stopped working. I have not changed a thing in my configurations.I can see incoming RF packets on my scroll but can not transmit. When I go to CONFIG/PORT my callsign and SSID have disappeared.I am running Development Version 2019/01/21 17:53


Thomas Testa
 

Lynn after I over reacted and sent you multiple messages, for which I apologize, it dawned on me that the transmitting chip in my PK 232 might have blown. Today I will be using my backup to see if this is true. I will keep you posted. I appreciate your prompt response to my questions.

                    TNX , Tom N2UFM




On Monday, January 13, 2020, 10:54 PM, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

The Callsign-SSID shown in the port configuration dialog are a red herring.  They are not used and will eventually be removed.  It was a misguided attempt to give each port its own unique station ID.

The most common reason for not transmitting is a change in the TNC or radio.  What are you using on this particular port?

You may also want to check:

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:transmitting

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Author of APRSISCE for Windows Mobile and Win32

On 1/13/2020 8:23 PM, Thomas Testa via Groups.Io wrote:
For some unknown reason my port has stopped working. I have not changed a thing in my configurations.I can see incoming RF packets on my scroll but can not transmit. When I go to CONFIG/PORT my callsign and SSID have disappeared.I am running Development Version 2019/01/21 17:53


Randy Allen
 

I had that issue recently with my home station.  The issue turned out to be a loose power connector on the radio.  Apparently it wasn't getting enough voltage to keep the radio running when it tried to transmit, but was getting enough to run it for receive.

Unplugged and re-plugged in the connector (the factory Molex t-connector) at the back of the radio and problem fixed.

Hope this helps.

73

Randy KAØAZS


Thomas Testa
 

I was able to find the problem. Unfortunately a chip in my PK233 has blown. Thanks to everyone for their input.
           
                         TNX Tom N2UFM




On Tuesday, January 14, 2020, 11:25 AM, Randy Allen <ka0azs@...> wrote:

I had that issue recently with my home station.  The issue turned out to
be a loose power connector on the radio.  Apparently it wasn't getting
enough voltage to keep the radio running when it tried to transmit, but
was getting enough to run it for receive.

Unplugged and re-plugged in the connector (the factory Molex
t-connector) at the back of the radio and problem fixed.

Hope this helps.

73

Randy KAØAZS