Transmit string

Gurdon Wolfe

I've noticed that when my radio transmits a beacon, the beacon starts with  *Int* .
I've looked through all of the docs and am unable to find anything on this subject.
Has anybody had this problem or know what causes it and how to correct it?  Any
help would be appreciated.

73, Don
W4GCW

Greg Depew

Where are you seeing that? *Int* generally means internal packet, such as telemetry and that.

Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

I've noticed that when my radio transmits a beacon, the beacon starts with  *Int* .
I've looked through all of the docs and am unable to find anything on this subject.
Has anybody had this problem or know what causes it and how to correct it?  Any
help would be appreciated.

73, Don
W4GCW

Rob Giuliano

Where are you seeing the *Int* ?
 On a radio that receives the packet or in the scroller?

In the scroller, that is normal - *int* is internally generated packet - generated by APRSIS32.
<Menu> <Configure> <No Internal> will stop them them.

On Friday, May 22, 2020, 5:10:30 PM EDT, Gurdon Wolfe via groups.io <w4gcw@...> wrote:

I've noticed that when my radio transmits a beacon, the beacon starts with  *Int* .
I've looked through all of the docs and am unable to find anything on this subject.
Has anybody had this problem or know what causes it and how to correct it?  Any
help would be appreciated.

73, Don
W4GCW

Gurdon Wolfe

Hi Robert, thanks for your reply. I see it in the scroller and I've only seen in the last month or so
even before I updated to the new version. My beacon is digi'd so it doesn't seem to upset anything.

 73, Don
 W4GCW

Where am I? Click link below.
https://aprs.fi/#!call=a%2FW4GCW-9&timerange=3600&tail=3600

On Friday, May 22, 2020, 05:32:51 PM EDT, Rob Giuliano via groups.io <kb8rco@...> wrote:

Where are you seeing the *Int* ?
 On a radio that receives the packet or in the scroller?

In the scroller, that is normal - *int* is internally generated packet - generated by APRSIS32.
<Menu> <Configure> <No Internal> will stop them them.

On Friday, May 22, 2020, 5:10:30 PM EDT, Gurdon Wolfe via groups.io <w4gcw@...> wrote:

I've noticed that when my radio transmits a beacon, the beacon starts with  *Int* .
I've looked through all of the docs and am unable to find anything on this subject.
Has anybody had this problem or know what causes it and how to correct it?  Any
help would be appreciated.

73, Don
W4GCW

Gurdon Wolfe

Greg, thanks for your reply. Is there a setting that I might have changed
to make that happen?

On Friday, May 22, 2020, 05:25:26 PM EDT, Greg Depew <goatherder_4891@...> wrote:

Where are you seeing that? *Int* generally means internal packet, such as telemetry and that.

Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

I've noticed that when my radio transmits a beacon, the beacon starts with  *Int* .
I've looked through all of the docs and am unable to find anything on this subject.
Has anybody had this problem or know what causes it and how to correct it?  Any
help would be appreciated.

73, Don
W4GCW

Gurdon Wolfe

Got it, thanks Robert. That also prevents me from seeing my callsign in the scroller when the beacon is sent.

[...]

I see it in the scroller.

 73, Don
 W4GCW

Where am I? Click link below.
https://aprs.fi/#!call=a%2FW4GCW-9&timerange=3600&tail=3600

On Friday, May 22, 2020, 05:25:26 PM EDT, Greg Depew <goatherder_4891@...> wrote:

Where are you seeing that? *Int* generally means internal packet, such as telemetry and that.

Greg KB3KBR Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

I've noticed that when my radio transmits a beacon, the beacon starts with  *Int* .
I've looked through all of the docs and am unable to find anything on this subject.
Has anybody had this problem or know what causes it and how to correct it?  Any
help would be appreciated.

73, Don
W4GCW

Gurdon Wolfe

That worked, many thanks.

[...]

I was able to find the setting and turn it off. Working just fine and no *Int* any longer.