Topics

Telemetry

Fred Hillhouse

Hi Lynn,

It seems not that long ago that Bob, WB4APR, mentioned a possibility to have
more telemetry by flipping a bit in the packet. Did you see the post and
have you done anything to possibly support it?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fred N7FMH

Nope.  I don't remember that, but Hessu has proposed extending beyond the 0-255 values and there's also a Mic-E version of telemetry that goes directly in the position packet comment.

Do you have a reference for Bob's proposal?

On 10/13/2020 5:12 PM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
Hi Lynn,

It seems not that long ago that Bob, WB4APR, mentioned a possibility to have
more telemetry by flipping a bit in the packet. Did you see the post and
have you done anything to possibly support it?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fred N7FMH

Arnold Harding. - KQ6DI

I send 4 characters in telemetry 'bytes'.  Check raw data from WA6ODP-4.  So power supply voltage today is reading 1392, and in the cabinet temperature (Ambient) is 1088 (108.8° ).  I've been doing it this way for a couple years.  I know I checked aprs.fi and findu.com, and I must have checked APRSISCE/32, (but I don't remember on APRSISCE/32).  So more than 8 bit telemetry can go through and work.  I don't know what the limit of individual programs is, but RF goes...
Arnold, KQ6DI

On 10/13/2020 3:09 PM Lynn Deffenbaugh < kj4erj@...> wrote:

Nope.  I don't remember that, but Hessu has proposed extending beyond
the 0-255 values and there's also a Mic-E version of telemetry that goes
directly in the position packet comment.

Do you have a reference for Bob's proposal?

On 10/13/2020 5:12 PM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
Hi Lynn,

It seems not that long ago that Bob, WB4APR, mentioned a possibility to have
more telemetry by flipping a bit in the packet. Did you see the post and
have you done anything to possibly support it?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fred N7FMH

Arnold Harding. - KQ6DI

Maybe a better location is WA6ODP-2 where I DO send telemetry on RF (once an hour to RF).  The data is more difficult to understand here, but more than 3 characters...
Arnold, KQ6DI

On 10/13/2020 4:00 PM Arnold Harding. - KQ6DI <kq6di@...> wrote:

[...]

I was trying to remember where I read it. I will look for it.

Fred N7FMH

Nope. I don't remember that, but Hessu has proposed extending beyond
the 0-255 values and there's also a Mic-E version of telemetry that goes
directly in the position packet comment.

Do you have a reference for Bob's proposal?

On 10/13/2020 5:12 PM, Fred Hillhouse wrote:
Hi Lynn,

It seems not that long ago that Bob, WB4APR, mentioned a possibility to have
more telemetry by flipping a bit in the packet. Did you see the post and
have you done anything to possibly support it?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Fred N7FMH

Fred Hillhouse