Symbol Persistence Time?

Charles Jessee

How is symbol persistence time determined? That is, when a symbol appears on screen, what determines how long it stays on screen before disappearing? Thanks!

Bret/N4SRN

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Double-click the narrow vertical bar immediately to the right of the map.  The top section shows the currently effective expiration times.  Stations will begin to fade at 80 minutes and will disappear at 120 minutes (at least, I think I'm running the defaults).  The numbers in () are the applicable times for buddies or friends from your filter or any station that you are actively tracking in any window.

You can set these values in the APRSIS32.XML file if you want something other than the defaults.

<Stations.MinAge>80</Stations.MinAge>
<Stations.MaxAge>120</Stations.MaxAge>
<Stations.MaxAge.Buddy>0</Stations.MaxAge.Buddy>