Symbol for EchoLink

jandgandjochem <vk2jng@...>

To all,
I have my Kenwood 710 setup (under PM3) that it will work as an Echolink Node.
That way I can use my HT (50mW) on a simplex frequency and wander around the place and still have contact with other EchoLink operators.

The 710 is beaconing from the A-side including the IRLP/EchoLink synbol.

However, the symbol is just a grey filled circle and I would like to have the letter E in there to indicate Echolink. I have seen it on maps but I do not know how to get the letter E to come up inside the grey circle.

Can anyone advise.

P.S Sorry this question may be somewhat ot the subjects in this forum.

Cheers,
Gerard
VK2JNG

Lynn Deffenbaugh

If you currently have a grey filled circle, you must be using the alternate symbol table with a symbol of 0 (zero). If I understand correctly, you want an overlay of E on that circle which in most clients means that you specify a table of E with the symbol of 0 (zero). In APRSISCE/32, you'd specify a symbol of 0 (zero, ASCII value 48), check the Overlay radio button, and set the overlay to E (ASCII value 69). How you do it on a 710 is beyond me until I actually acquire one!

Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

PS. One of these days I'll figure out how to have the spin buttons actually display the character instead of the ASCII values!

For symbol pictures, I usually refer to http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/APRS_symbols.htm

jandgandjochem wrote:

To all,
I have my Kenwood 710 setup (under PM3) that it will work as an Echolink Node.
That way I can use my HT (50mW) on a simplex frequency and wander around the place and still have contact with other EchoLink operators.

The 710 is beaconing from the A-side including the IRLP/EchoLink synbol.

However, the symbol is just a grey filled circle and I would like to have the letter E in there to indicate Echolink. I have seen it on maps but I do not know how to get the letter E to come up inside the grey circle.

Can anyone advise.

P.S Sorry this question may be somewhat ot the subjects in this forum.

Cheers,
Gerard
VK2JNG

jandgandjochem <vk2jng@...>