Topics

Store Map Tiles on microSD Card?

Charles Jessee

I knew how to do this once but forgot and can't seem to find it here on on the Wiki.

How do I direct Map Tiles to store on my tablet microSD Card?

Thanks!

Bret/N4SRN

Charles Jessee

Maybe you can’t?

Rob Giuliano

You can store the map files anywhere you want.
You can run multiple instances of APRSIS32 at the same time, and use the same map files.

If you already have mapfiles and want to move them to an SD card:
1. Close APRSIS32
2. Copy the Maps folder or the OSMTiles folder to the new location and move (or copy) into the new folder location
    Be sure the location includes the APRSIS32.osm file
3. Copy the path from path bar in Windows File Explorer (File Manager) so it is correct
5. Use the Find function to locate each OSM.Path areas in the XML for teh map files you moved.
    There should be at least 2:
    a) The first one you come to is the default path
    b) And any that start with <!---TileServer[#]-->
6. Paste the path you copied into these location BUT you must change "\" to "/" in the path you paste.
    On the first 'fix' of "\" to "/" copy that and paste in the other locations.
7. If using OSMTILES.mbtiles, be sure to change the path before this filename.

That's it.  Your paths have been updated and when you open APRSIS32, it should read from the new location

On Sunday, August 23, 2020, 7:30:41 AM EDT, Charles Jessee <cbjesseenh@...> wrote:

Maybe you can’t?

Charles Jessee

Just what I needed - thanks!

Charles Jessee

Finally getting to this but getting it wrong -- probably formatting. Can you advise a fix?

BRET/N4SRN

<OSM.Path>.C:/APRSIS32/OSMTiles/APRSIS32.osm</OSM.Path>
<!--TileServer[0]-->
<Path>C:/APRSIS32/OSMTiles/APRSIS32.osm</Path>

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Just create a new tile set from the same URL and when APRSIS32 prompts for where to store the tiles, navigate to your SD card.  Once that is all done, you can manually copy the existing tiles from where they are to where you want them to be.

This will all get easier once I figure out the user interface to MbTiles storage.