Topics

Stations Go Away after so much time

Bob KE6GYD

Today I was doing a test with my ham group for receiving RF only stations.  After a couple of hours or so, the stations disappeared without me killing them.
Is there a setting that will keep them showing longer, even if they don't beacon for over a few hours?
I searched documentation and looked thru menus and couldn't find anything.
Regards
Bob
KE6GYD

Rob Giuliano

I haven't seen a reply from Lynn yet, so I will give it a shot.

I believe the termonolgy is "station aging".
There are several parameters in the APRSIS32.xml file for this.
The ones I am familiar with are
   <Stations.MinAge>80</Stations.MinAge>
   <Stations.MaxAge>120</Stations.MaxAge>
  <Stations.MaxAge.Buddy>240</Stations.MaxAge.Buddy>
So, as I recall, the station starts againg (I believe fades) at 80 seconds, and disappears at 120 seconds.
  If the station is in the BUDDY list, it will disappear at 240 seconds.

Closing APRSIS32 application and editing the XML to change these parameters should do what you want.
I'll let Lynn fill in more details.

On Sunday, August 30, 2020, 12:17:40 AM EDT, Bob KE6GYD <ke6gyd@...> wrote:

Today I was doing a test with my ham group for receiving RF only stations.  After a couple of hours or so, the stations disappeared without me killing them.
Is there a setting that will keep them showing longer, even if they don't beacon for over a few hours?
I searched documentation and looked thru menus and couldn't find anything.
Regards
Bob
KE6GYD

Lynn Deffenbaugh

If you double-click the narrow vertical bar to the right of the map, it will show you the current Age settings.

These are set only in the XML.  The defaults are shown below.

<Stations.MinAge>80</Stations.MinAge>
<Stations.MaxAge>120</Stations.MaxAge>
<Stations.MaxAge.Buddy>0</Stations.MaxAge.Buddy>

Between MinAge and MaxAge, the stations will slow fade out (become more transparent).  The definition of a "buddy" is anyone that you are following explicitly or are included in a buddy (or friend, I believe) term in your Add Filter setting.

The following parameters govern the track purging.

<Stations.Tracks.Hours>24</Stations.Tracks.Hours>
<Stations.Tracks.Buddy.Hours>0</Stations.Tracks.Buddy.Hours>

And finally, two parameters that govern how long telemetry definitions and bulletins are retained unless refreshed by receiving new definitions.

<Aging.TelemetryDefs.Days>14</Aging.TelemetryDefs.Days>
<Aging.Bulletins.Hours>48</Aging.Bulletins.Hours>

See also: http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:editing-xml-configuration

On 8/30/2020 12:17 AM, Bob KE6GYD wrote:
Today I was doing a test with my ham group for receiving RF only stations.  After a couple of hours or so, the stations disappeared without me killing them.
Is there a setting that will keep them showing longer, even if they don't beacon for over a few hours?
I searched documentation and looked thru menus and couldn't find anything.
Regards
Bob
KE6GYD

Rob Giuliano

So I guess Lynn did repspond, and I had the units wrong.

On Sunday, August 30, 2020, 11:17:06 AM EDT, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

[...]

They're minutes, not seconds.  That'd be awful fast disappearing!

On 8/30/2020 11:09 AM, Rob Giuliano via groups.io wrote:
[...]

It just took me longer to look it up and add what some might consider TMI (Too Much Information).