Showing up 3 times

T W

I’m having an issue with showing up 3 times on my map. The first is the wx symbol identified as me, the second is my callsign with the correct weather data, and the third is my callsign plus -WX and the weather data is incorrect. I only have firenet.us, my D710, and cwop enabled. Any help will be appreciated.

Tom - kf6kyd

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Which "map" are you referring to?  APRSIS32 or some other APRS information viewer?  A screenshot showing what you are asking about might be helpful.

On 8/18/2021 1:56 PM, T W via groups.io wrote:
I’m having an issue with showing up 3 times on my map. The first is the wx symbol identified as me, the second is my callsign with the correct weather data, and the third is my callsign plus -WX and the weather data is incorrect. I only have firenet.us, my D710, and cwop enabled. Any help will be appreciated.

Tom - kf6kyd

T W

Hi Lynn, does this help?

On 18 Aug 2021, at 13:04, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

Which "map" are you referring to?  APRSIS32 or some other APRS information viewer?  A screenshot showing what you are asking about might be helpful.

On 8/18/2021 1:56 PM, T W via groups.io wrote:
I’m having an issue with showing up 3 times on my map. The first is the wx symbol identified as me, the second is my callsign with the correct weather data, and the third is my callsign plus -WX and the weather data is incorrect. I only have firenet.us, my D710, and cwop enabled. Any help will be appreciated.

Tom - kf6kyd

Lynn Deffenbaugh

ME is your APRISS32 instance which I assume is configured as KF6KYD.

KF6KYD-WX, if I had to guess, is a local weather object inside your KF6KYD that is not configured to transmit to the APRS-IS because I see no trace of it outside of your screen capture.

kf6kyd is being delivered via CWOP and is identified as a Cumulus Davis weather station.

Either the Cumulus configuration or your APRSIS32 instance should be configured with a unique -SSID so that you can resolve at least one bit of this confusion.  And the KF6KYD-WX object should probably be configured to actually transmit somewhere instead of only being internal.

On 8/18/2021 2:12 PM, T W via groups.io wrote:

Hi Lynn, does this help?
On 18 Aug 2021, at 13:04, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

Which "map" are you referring to?  APRSIS32 or some other APRS information viewer?  A screenshot showing what you are asking about might be helpful.

On 8/18/2021 1:56 PM, T W via groups.io wrote:
I’m having an issue with showing up 3 times on my map. The first is the wx symbol identified as me, the second is my callsign with the correct weather data, and the third is my callsign plus -WX and the weather data is incorrect. I only have firenet.us, my D710, and cwop enabled. Any help will be appreciated.

Tom - kf6kyd

kc7pmu

Replying from ignorance here, but isn’t “ME” an artifact of the software running on the host computer and the second one is the display of your station’s beacon.

Is the third the product of thr Davis Weatherlink software posting to APRS?  Does the Davis software know your callsign and use it in its weather report post?
--
Paul
kc7pmu