Shape files and weather info

Steve Black

I have had APRSIS#@ running for years on my station computer. Well I go a new computer and reloaded many old programs back onto the new one. I can't remember how to add the shape files or where to get them from. I looked at the wiki but its kind of dated. Is there a step by step somewhere to walk me through it again? Thanks Steve kb1chu

Glenn O'Connor

For the county warning areas boundaries, https://www.weather.gov/gis/CWABounds.

For the public forecast zones, https://www.weather.gov/gis/PublicZones.

For coastal marine, https://www.weather.gov/gis/MarineZones.

The above are .zip files. Extract to a folder that you can reference. For example, I, from time to time, still use UIView32, which
has a specific NWS folder. My shapefiles are kept there and when I point my APRSIS32 to that folder for its use, there they are.

No fuss, no muss.

73,
Glenn-KF0ED

Fred Hillhouse

This will get you to the files you need.

http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/get_nws_shapefiles.htm

Grab the zip files, unzip and load files into APRSIS32.

Fred N7FMH