Scroller full of stations, no symbols on map

Christopher Rose <kb8uih88@...>

I asked a few days ago for help, is anyone watching the list?

Randy Love

You received two different responses,  one from the author of the program.

Randy
WF5X

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021, 2:16 PM Christopher Rose <kb8uih88@...> wrote:
I asked a few days ago for help, is anyone watching the list?

Christopher Rose <kb8uih88@...>

Unfortunately the response to the author did not help or my response back elicited no further response. Is any one else here besides us?

You received two different responses,  one from the author of the program.

Randy
WF5X

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021, 2:16 PM Christopher Rose <kb8uih88@...> wrote:
I asked a few days ago for help, is anyone watching the list?

Arnold Harding - KQ6DI

Can you provide a screen shot with the map at a large enough scale to see "everything"?  I have thoughts, and I'm sure others do as well, be at the moment we have so little information to go on that I think everyone is hesitant to offer suggestions.

Just as an example of things that come to mind, if a station isn't sending position, they will appear in the scroller, but not on the map.  Telemetry, status and some other things can be like that.  That's probably not your problem, but we need more to go on, and I'm sure lots of help is available here.

Arnold, KQ6DI

On 06/03/2021 12:20 PM Christopher Rose <kb8uih88@...> wrote:

Unfortunately the response to the author did not help or my response back elicited no further response. Is any one else here besides us?

You received two different responses,  one from the author of the program.

Randy
WF5X

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021, 2:16 PM Christopher Rose < kb8uih88@...> wrote:
I asked a few days ago for help, is anyone watching the list?

Patrick Connor

Also, if the sending station does not include a symbol code (like a telemetry report) it will not be displayed on the map and the callsign text in the scroller will be black.

Patrick (N3TSZ)

On Thursday, June 3, 2021, 03:35:02 PM EDT, Arnold Harding - KQ6DI <kq6di@...> wrote:

[...]

Greg Depew

What is the zoom level? Mine is usually around 10ish to see about 100 miles.

KB3KBR Greg. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

You received two different responses,  one from the author of the program.

Randy
WF5X

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021, 2:16 PM Christopher Rose < kb8uih88@...> wrote:
I asked a few days ago for help, is anyone watching the list?

Rob Giuliano

There are lots of us out here.
I get my messages directly through email and typically respond the same way.

Looking through this topic and searching Groups.IO for such things as your name (Rose or Christopher Rose) or 'no symbols' did not get a thread that I could shed light on the request.

From memory, I believe you said you had a scroller full of stations, but no symbols on the map.
A few things:
1. Are the stations heard:
    a) RF?
    b) IS?
    c) Both?
2. Is there anything just to the right of the "zoom bar" next to the scroller?
    What are the settings of Menu >View?
3. What are the settings of Menu >Configure >Scroller?
4. Did you scroll out to see if they were outside the map boundaries?
5. Might they all have timed out?
    Is the scroller, scrolling?
6. What is the value in Menu >Configure >Screen >Symbol

Those are the items I can think of that may impact the viewing of symbols on the map.

On Thursday, June 3, 2021, 3:20:35 PM EDT, Christopher Rose <kb8uih88@...> wrote:

Unfortunately the response to the author did not help or my response back elicited no further response. Is any one else here besides us?

You received two different responses,  one from the author of the program.

Randy
WF5X

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021, 2:16 PM Christopher Rose <kb8uih88@...> wrote:
I asked a few days ago for help, is anyone watching the list?

Christopher Rose <kb8uih88@...>

Hi,
I closed the program and turned off the computer. Got upset at it all. Some of the stations showed a station symbol, a car, a truck, etc. Some only showed a cross. The stations that did display a symbol did show position coordinates when clicked on. I will have to set it up and let it run again to get back the list. I wonder if some of the stations collected are from other data going by on the frequency. Winlink perhaps? Still to be determined. Some packet burst heard are very long duration. I have another radio on in order to hear if packet traffic is even being sent.

I will send info when I collect more for you

Thanks
Chris

You received two different responses,  one from the author of the program.

Randy
WF5X

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021, 2:16 PM Christopher Rose < kb8uih88@...> wrote:
I asked a few days ago for help, is anyone watching the list?

Christopher Rose <kb8uih88@...>

Not sure, I have it set so I see most of my state(MI)

From: Christopher Rose <kb8uih88@...>
Date: 6/3/21 16:40 (GMT-05:00)
To: "'APRSISCE@groups.io'" <APRSISCE@groups.io>

Rob, et al., Hopefully screenshot is attached. Let me know what else you need
Chris

You received two different responses,  one from the author of the program.

Randy
WF5X

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021, 2:16 PM Christopher Rose <kb8uih88@...> wrote:
I asked a few days ago for help, is anyone watching the list?

Christopher Rose <kb8uih88@...>

Just restarted to get some data. The stations showing regular icons do have position data attached when I click on them.

Just guessing from the screenshot. But it looks like it hasn't been running very long. Probably most of the red dots are sitting at 0, 0 off of Africa. Maybe zoom out more and see if you can see anyone else.

KB3KBR Greg. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Rob, et al., Hopefully screenshot is attached. Let me know what else you need
Chris

You received two different responses,  one from the author of the program.

Randy
WF5X

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021, 2:16 PM Christopher Rose <kb8uih88@...> wrote:
I asked a few days ago for help, is anyone watching the list?

Greg Depew

What do you mean by position data?

KB3KBR Greg. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Just restarted to get some data. The stations showing regular icons do have position data attached when I click on them.

Just guessing from the screenshot. But it looks like it hasn't been running very long. Probably most of the red dots are sitting at 0, 0 off of Africa. Maybe zoom out more and see if you can see anyone else.

KB3KBR Greg. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Rob, et al., Hopefully screenshot is attached. Let me know what else you need
Chris

You received two different responses,  one from the author of the program.

Randy
WF5X

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021, 2:16 PM Christopher Rose <kb8uih88@...> wrote:
I asked a few days ago for help, is anyone watching the list?

Christopher Rose <kb8uih88@...>

2021-06-03T20:55:50.264 RF[KPC3+][1200] KE8MSP>,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2: <<UI>>:!4339.83N/08414.72Wa015/003/A=000468KE8MSP AT-D578UVIIIPRO ANALOG APRS

[...]

They are in the ocean near West Africa

KB3KBR Greg. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Just restarted to get some data. The stations showing regular icons do have position data attached when I click on them.

Just guessing from the screenshot. But it looks like it hasn't been running very long. Probably most of the red dots are sitting at 0, 0 off of Africa. Maybe zoom out more and see if you can see anyone else.

KB3KBR Greg. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Rob, et al., Hopefully screenshot is attached. Let me know what else you need
Chris

You received two different responses,  one from the author of the program.

Randy
WF5X

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021, 2:16 PM Christopher Rose <kb8uih88@...> wrote:
I asked a few days ago for help, is anyone watching the list?

Greg Depew

Do they all have that <<UI>> in front of them? That could be throwing things off.