Screen clearing

T W

I know this has been asked before but I can't find the answer. Is there a way to clear the screen on a timed basis. My map fills up pretty quick and the only way to clear it is to restart. If I simply clear the station, I get cleared and not restored.

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Have you tried Clear / Clear Stations?

On 6/22/2021 1:29 PM, T W via groups.io wrote:
I know this has been asked before but I can't find the answer. Is there a way to clear the screen on a timed basis. My map fills up pretty quick and the only way to clear it is to restart. If I simply clear the station, I get cleared and not restored.

T W

Yes, it clears everything including my weather object that never restores.

Sent while mobile.

On Jun 22, 2021, at 13:03, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

Have you tried Clear / Clear Stations?

On 6/22/2021 1:29 PM, T W via groups.io wrote:
I know this has been asked before but I can't find the answer. Is there a way to clear the screen on a timed basis. My map fills up pretty quick and the only way to clear it is to restart. If I simply clear the station, I get cleared and not restored.

Lynn Deffenbaugh

Ah, on thinking it through a bit further, why don't you just use your Configure / Save Posits / Save Filter as your main Configure / General / Add Filter and set the Configure / Range to zero?

If this guess is correct, you want to see ONLY those stations whose packets are saved and restored when you restart the client.  Doing the above change will mean that ONLY those packets matching the current Save Filter will ever be received and therefore your map will not "fill up" to start with...

On 6/22/2021 2:03 PM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:

Have you tried Clear / Clear Stations?

On 6/22/2021 1:29 PM, T W via groups.io wrote:
I know this has been asked before but I can't find the answer. Is there a way to clear the screen on a timed basis. My map fills up pretty quick and the only way to clear it is to restart. If I simply clear the station, I get cleared and not restored.

Lynn Deffenbaugh

If your weather object "never restores", then that probably means that it is not beaconing either.  APRSISCE/32 will display every station from which a new packet is received even after a Clear / Clear Stations.  So if one disappears and doesn't come back, that means a new packet was not received from it after the Clear Stations.

On 6/22/2021 2:08 PM, T W via groups.io wrote:
Yes, it clears everything including my weather object that never restores.

Sent while mobile.

On Jun 22, 2021, at 13:03, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

Have you tried Clear / Clear Stations?

On 6/22/2021 1:29 PM, T W via groups.io wrote:
I know this has been asked before but I can't find the answer. Is there a way to clear the screen on a timed basis. My map fills up pretty quick and the only way to clear it is to restart. If I simply clear the station, I get cleared and not restored.

Arnold Harding - KQ6DI

What about the parameters in the APRSISCE.xml file like:
<Stations.MinAge>50</Stations.MinAge>
<Stations.MaxAge>60</Stations.MaxAge>
<Stations.MaxAge.Buddy>0</Stations.MaxAge.Buddy>

I've changed my parameters to one hour except for Buddy.  One hour works most of the time for me, and Buddies can be cleared other ways.
Arnold, KQ6DI

On 06/22/2021 11:19 AM Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

[...]

How do I get it to beacon?