Satellite Telemetry

Thomas Testa

Hi Lynn I am not receiving Satellite Telemetry. The box opens stays blank and the time and date box is a steady read. I am running the latest Development Version.
                                Thank You , Tom N2UFM

Lynn Deffenbaugh

I need more information.  Is this APRSISCE or APRSIS32?  What operating system?  What is your GPS and how do you have it configured in APRSISCE/32?

Actually, I did some queries and answered the APRSIS32 and O/S questions.  Are we talking about N2UFM-2 (your IGate with a Simply(KISS) RF port) or N2UFM (an RF-only Weather station?)?

And definitely what GPS are you using via what connection and how do you have it configured in APRSIS32?

On 8/3/2020 9:19 AM, Thomas Testa via groups.io wrote:

Hi Lynn I am not receiving Satellite Telemetry. The box opens stays blank and the time and date box is a steady read. I am running the latest Development Version.
                                Thank You , Tom N2UFM

Thomas Testa

Lynn it is N2UFM-2. I am a fixed station with no GPS activated. Everything was working fine until two day ago when I stopped receiving satellite telemetry. The  satellite pop up box opens without any information and the date and time box on the lower right is solid red.

                        Thank You , Tom N2UFM

On Monday, August 3, 2020, 10:37 AM, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

I need more information.  Is this APRSISCE or APRSIS32?  What operating system?  What is your GPS and how do you have it configured in APRSISCE/32?

Actually, I did some queries and answered the APRSIS32 and O/S questions.  Are we talking about N2UFM-2 (your IGate with a Simply(KISS) RF port) or N2UFM (an RF-only Weather station?)?

And definitely what GPS are you using via what connection and how do you have it configured in APRSIS32?

On 8/3/2020 9:19 AM, Thomas Testa via groups.io wrote:

Hi Lynn I am not receiving Satellite Telemetry. The box opens stays blank and the time and date box is a steady read. I am running the latest Development Version.
                                Thank You , Tom N2UFM

Lynn Deffenbaugh

What is the "satellite pop up box"?  I"m not familiar with that one.

And I didn't ask before, but I might as well go ahead and ask what you mean by "satellite telemetry"?  I don't know what that is either.

It doesn't show popups, but sometimes the screen layout at the URL below is helpful.  For instance, 16 is the date/time box.

http://aprsisce.wikidot.com/doc:screen-elements

Also, the date/time box on the lower right background color represents how much CPU APRSIS32 believes it is using vs how busy the system is in general.  This is only an approximation and sometimes gets confused and goes solid red background.  It has nothing to do with GPS nor satellites.

On 8/3/2020 11:23 AM, Thomas Testa via groups.io wrote:
[...]

I have satellite tracking activated. The satellite details box is blank. There is no information coming in. I haven’t changed a thing. It was all working fine until 2 days ago. The details box went blank and the date and time box turned red ate the same time.

                   Thank You Tom N2UFM

On Monday, August 3, 2020, 11:53 AM, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

[...]

I still don't understand what "satellite tracking" is?

On 8/3/2020 12:33 PM, Thomas Testa via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Oh wait, you mean the Control-O feature?  Try closing the empty window and hitting Control-O again.

There may be a message box hiding somewhere that says something about failing to load a TLE URL.

[...]

Greg D

GPS?

Greg KO6TH

--
This space for rent...

Thomas Testa

Ok when I closed the box and hit Control O this is the message I received.Inline image

On Monday, August 3, 2020, 2:51 PM, Tom T <tmtlu3@...> wrote:

Lynn I have included two screenshots from tjhe menu tree that clearly list satellite tracking. Inline image

Inline image

On Monday, August 3, 2020, 1:59 PM, Greg D <ko6th.greg@...> wrote:

[...]

The message means exactly what it says.  APRSIS32 attempted to fetch the indicated URL but did not find any valid TLEs (Three Line Elements) there.  If you browse to that url (below) in a browser, what do you get?

http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasabare.txt

I apologize for not remembering that it was called that.  So few people comment on that feature that it completely slipped my mind.  But it definitely doesn't have anything to do with GPS nor telemetry which were just a red herrings (https://tinyurl.com/ceplxr4)!

On 8/3/2020 3:09 PM, Thomas Testa via groups.io wrote:
[...]

You can also check the "Satellite" and "Satellite-Load" trace logs. Their output may also be in your APRSIS32*.log file(s) if you have Enables / Logging / File enabled checked.

My KJ4ERJ-15 instance successfully loaded 197 satellites from nasabare earlier today, so it was at least working then.

WinMain:2020-08-03T01:37:00.499 Loaded 197 From http://www.amsat.org/amsat/ftp/keps/current/nasabare.txt

On 8/3/2020 3:54 PM, Lynn Deffenbaugh wrote:

[...]

After further investigation I have discovered the cause of my problems. I run APRSIS32 on a older system, Windows 7. It seems that a service pack update has disabled my browsers, Google Chrome and caused a certificate issue with Internet Explorer. I have no access to the internet.

On Monday, August 3, 2020, 4:57 PM, Lynn Deffenbaugh <kj4erj@...> wrote:

[...]

That would certainly 'splain it!  Hope you get it worked out and get back online soon.